“Lovely food and reasonably priced”
Review of Havilands Tea Room

Havilands Tea Room
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Havilands is a traditional Tea Room and takeaway business run by mother and daughter Team Kara and Sue Murray. Havilands is in the heart of Stratford upon Avon just round the corner from Shakespeare birthplace.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were in Stratford on Good Friday, with the lovely weather it was pretty busy everywhere but we managed to find this cafe just off the main street near Shakespeares house.
Service was a little slow, but understandable as they were busy.
Food was lovely, we had toasties and a coffee and tea.
Cakes also looked gorgeous but we were quite full, so did not manage to try them.

Lovely cafe and food hidden slightly, possibly why it does not have the reviews it deserves.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Popped in on a cold winters day with our two boys (5 &4yrs) for a light lunch. Very accommodating staff, provided smaller drinks at a reduced price for the children even though not on the menu. Had carrot and coriander soup with crusty bread and a jacket potato with beans, all delicious. Large pot of tea for two. Not cheap I suppose but where is these days?

Proper tea rom this with nice decor and attention to detail.

Thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank Pete P
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was very disappointed, having visited Havilands many times over the years, to find that because we only wanted a drink on this occasion we were denied admittance! I know it's very small but surely you shouldn't deny admittance because we are not spending enough? Food quality is good, nice seating area outside but I haven't been back, there are enough places in Stratford who are happy to accept my money even if it is only tea or coffee.

2  Thank ClassE220
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Had a nice hot cup of tea and a mince pie that melted in my mouth...Such a wonderful place to just sit and relax. Staff are polite and friendly with a smile to greet you as you arrive. I love taking my partner to this cafe because you always get what you ask for and more. Thank you for making our visit to Stratford on Avon special.

1  Thank steve h
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Called in for a late lunch - not expecting to find much left on the menu. Our waitress - although busy cleaning and tidying - found food that we wanted quickly and cheerfully. Clean, nice atmosphere and the food was freshly made and well presented. You don't expect miracles when you call in somewhere at the end of the day but Havilands exceeded my expectations. Would visit again.