“Coffee and cake”

Patisserie Valerie
Price range: US$4 - US$19
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Leicestershire
“Coffee and cake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

Coffee was fine, cake fine, location fine, free wifi, free hoards of tourists. a bit expensive for what it was.

• Visited July 2013

“Taste just as good as they look.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I'll get a couple of things out the way.....first of all, I could not find an opening times sign anywhere. So when we went we were at the end of the day apparently with people cleaning up around us :(
Second....no menus anywhere, so you have to decide, with people behind you what you want and just fumble your way through.
However, the cake we did have was delicious and a very plain setting inside. For some reason I expected more given how much I'd heard about the place.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“lunch in the sun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Had lunch here on Thursday, sat out in the baking sunshine. We both had jacket spuds with tuna and cheese then a fantastic cake after. Not badly priced and very tasty. Dont undertsand why they dont have menus on the tables or outside, makes it awkward if you have shopping or kids you have to lug everything to the small counter to try and read the menu whilst other people are stood queing. Service was prompt, plenty of staff on. Clean and tidy with good toilet facilities.

Shipston-on-Stour, United Kingdom
“not to my taste”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2013

made first visit here just for a coffee, i declined the offer of the mouthwateringly tempting cakes because id got a cheese cake waiting for me at home.. its in a beautiful location, direct opposite william shakespeares house, and the outdoor seating is just perfect for watching the world go by and indulge in a little tourist spotting (i live in the town). indoors is a little dated but spotlessly clean, as are the toilets, the seating areas are good and comfortable, service is really good. my only disappointment was my coffee was weak, i like a really strong hit which didnt happen, but i will return and ask for a double shot just to check it can be a good coffee and i will deffo try a cake :)

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Staff training is needed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

I am an old Patisserie Valerie customer and the cakes are always fresh and delicious.

Apart from the ones I bought from this branch on a day trip. First of all I asked the assistant if the strawberry tarts were lined with chocolate and she had no idea, she'd " never had one". This may seem a strange question but I prefer no chocolate. I asked would she be able to find out and she shouted to someone behind a door and got a resounding NO, so I bought a couple along with a mixture of four more cakes.

When we got home all of the cakes were stale, the sponge was hard, the fruit was dry and slightly shrivelled, and yes, the strawberry tarts have a thin coating of white chocolate between the pastry and creme anglaise. I realise that the reason they do this is to stop the pastry going soggy but PLEASE let the sales staff know what they are selling.

Most of the cakes ended up in the bin and I felt totally ripped off.

Please would someone in higher management take a trip to Stratford. It is nothing like a Patisserie Valerie.

• Visited June 2013