“Not the nicest of Patisserie Valerie's!”
Review of Patisserie Valerie

Patisserie Valerie
Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: Belgian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Lovingly handmade cakes
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We decided to pay a trip to Patisserie Valerie for breakfast whilst in Stratford in the hope we'd have some nice fresh pastries for breakfast.
Unfortunately the chocolate croissants that we had both opted for where stone cold (despite asking for them to be heated) and tasted very stale.
The cafe its self wasn't half as nice as other PV's we have visited. We both wished we had visited an independent cafe for our breakfast instead.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Being BIG fans of Patisserie Valerie, always visiting them on our travels in the UK, we took the opportunity to visit the one in Stratford upon Avon whilst visiting the area. BIG disappointment, very limited choice, especially the CAKES!, when compared to others in the chain. Surprised to find it was self service.........a queue soon forming in a limited space.
The Cambridge Patisserie Valerie always wins Hand's Down every time........warm welcome by pleasant staff and both Sweet & Savoury dishes to die for. We are long time regulars and have never been disappointed. We luv visiting.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

During the Christmas holiday I visited Stratford with my friends. We got hungry so we stopped at Patisserie Valerie. We were greeted by the friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. I am particularly fond of fruit flavoured treats and asked the member of staff called T what they had. She recommended the mixed berry mousse. T took the orders for all of my friends and said she would bring them over to our table. The cakes arrived together and T said if we wanted anything all we had to do was ask. When we left the staff thanked us for our visit and wished us a good day. Overall I am very satisfied and would recommend Patisserie Valerie in Stratford to anyone!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

Having visited a number of branches of this chain around the country, I was expecting to get a decent coffee in pleasant surroundings, as I have always done to date. This place was a real disappointment: poorly trained staff, shabby surroundings, dreadful coffee and stale cake. Is it really part of the same organisation? We left our drinks unfinished and walked down the road to a Cafe Nero for a decent coffee (we should have gone there in the first place!)

Reviewed 16 August 2013 via mobile

Our tour group stopped in town for a few hours to do some of the activities. We unfortunately picked this place for lunch. The coffee was ok, but all the food was microwaved and soggy. My wife's ham actually looked brown, so she did not eat her food. I did wait to let someone know, but was overlooked as they were busy doing other things. I could not believe the poor quality of the food. I would not recommend eating here. I only read some of the bad reviews unfortunately only after going here.