“Lovely Place & People - Stay Here!!!”
Review of Stratford House

Stratford House
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I've recently been staying here on and off over the past few weeks whilst working in town, and its great Karen and Tasha are lovely people so friendly! The room had everything needed the en-suites are stunning, beds really comfortable, I've actually decided to pay the extra few pounds to stay here rather than the local travel lodge. Breakfast is set out beautifully the full English is amazing.......and even better....they offer breakfast in bed :D Really impressed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
sprogs, Owner at Stratford House, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your comments. We miss you Dean! How is your dog? Fully recovered I hope?

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We have just stay at the Stratford and I'm sorry but its not what you read on trip advisor, friendly staff/ owners but ,entrance /stairway in need of redecoration, breakfast good but laundry drying in breakfast room isn't. And 2% charge to pay on debit card !!!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Simon C

I'm sorry that you did not enjoy your stay here. We do intend to touch up the marks on the paintwork in the Autumn. I take on board your comments re: card charges. It is difficult to know how to best absorb the monthly card charges, but we are always revisiting our policy in this regard. Again, it is a pity that we failed in making your stay enjoyable.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed here for one night on business.
Received a very polite courtesy call before arrival to check what time I'd be at the hotel.
Very good convenient location for town centre, and ample off road parking.

Warm and informative welcome - there isn't much of a reception desk so to speak - its more like entering someone's home, but that's not a problem, right?

The room was spotless, modern and comfortable - the bed especially comfortable, and the shower, hot and powerful

I was in town for a work function and as such returned back at approx 1am. My only point for consideration - there wasn't any sort of light on and I wasnt sure if i was able or should put any on. As it was pitch black i had to use the light from my phone screen to navigate back to my room. Perhaps some low level lighting would be useful. On the other I do appreciate 1am is extremely late so it would be unfair to be critical.

The best was yet to come though. I like Eggs benedict. If they're on the menu I'm ordering.
I did the same at Stratford House and WOW!
Simply excellent. I've paid decent money for E.B in pretty good hotels and restuarants, but the ones I had at Stratford house beat all of them hands. Absolutely top class!!

I'd rebook here anyway, but even if the room was a damp leaky hole under the stairs, I'd come back for the breakfast

Room Tip: Friday morning is bin-men morning
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gazfarr

Thank you for your comments. They are really appreciated. I have taken on board your comment on low level lighting when returning late. There is now a small light on in the hallway, just to negotiate your way back to your room. I love your comments about our Eggs Benedict. They are proving very popular and are only on the menu because I love them myself. Hope to see you again some time.

Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed here last summer for 2 wonderful nights. They weren't there to greet us but this wasn't a problem there was good communication between the owners and ourselves as to what to do and a nice little bottle of wine in our room as an apology! The room was immaculate very comfortable bed and shower powerful. Breakfast was beautiful and was not as bad as I thought eating with everyone else. Location was excellent the owners were lovely. Would defiantly return

• Stayed: July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It may have taken a while for me to respond, but your comments are very much appreciated and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in our gorgeous town.

Reviewed 25 January 2013

We've just returned from a lovely three day stay at Stratford House, a friendly welcoming was received upon arrival and we were shown to a nicely decorated and spacious room, with an en-suite that accommodated an awesome shower!! We took advantage of breakfast in bed on both mornings which was freshly prepared and tasty. The owners were very welcoming and easy to contact.
A great place to stay and we will be back. Thank you Natasha :-)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Peter M

Glad to know you had a good time. Breakfast in bed is still popular and you must come back again. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 January 2013

A must stay over if you want something a bit speacial without spending a fortune. Originally I thought it was a bit of a walk from town but in real life it was only a 5 minute walk to the town, perfect for us as we have 2 small children and it wasn't too far for them at all.

I called before we arrived as I wanted to see if I could arrange a cot for my 9 month old. Natasha couldn't have been more helpful, an understanding mum herself, she provided us with a built travel cot all made with cots sheets and blanket on arrival. High chair had been brought in from her home for breakfast along with baby spoons. She had offered toys as well but we brought a few bits ourselves. We had our own table at breakfast so we were able to entertain our own family without disturbing others, sometimes my little girl can make a bit of a mess so it was nice to have our own space. Her help enabled us to relax just a bit more than usual which is hard with 2 little ones in toe.

The bedrooms was modernly furnished, lovely towels and shampoos that don't dry your hair out. Despite the cold of December the house was always lovely and warm.

Breakfast set us up for the day! All fresh, hot, even the bread rolls were warm. Nothing else was needed.

Highly recommend Stratford House, location, service, value for money compared to the prices of other places I had looked at was excellent. Looking forward to a return visit next year.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda B
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Me and my husband stayed at stratford House for only one night, whilst in the area visiting family. We were so happy with the quality of the quest house and the kindness of the owners we have decided to book again. Highly recommended to family and friends.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple