“A wonderful trip back in time.....”

Stratford upon Avon Picturehouse
More attraction details
Owner description: In the heart of Stratford, the Picturehouse offers the best blockbusters and independent cinema alongside a world class programme of opera, theatre, and ballet.The cinema is fully licensed and drinks can be enjoyed in the bar, on the garden terrace, or while watching a film.The bar is open all day for coffee, cake, and drinks and free wifi is available.There are special screenings for children, parents with babies and Senior citizens.
Middlewich, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 72 helpful votes
“A wonderful trip back in time.....”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the picture house tonight with my husband and 2 teenage boys and was very pleasantly surprised. Great welcome by all the staff and the first time we've been able to take a drink into a film! Like a throw back in time the seating was great, picture quality excel lab and the whole experience thoroughly enjoyable. Incredibly reasonable prices - would definitely return when we visit Stratford again.

1 Thank Claire R

• Korean first
Stratford-upon-avon, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“First time taking a drink in to watch a film”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is the 1st time I've ever taken a drink into the theatre to watch a film at Stratford, and hadn't realised they had special drink holders, along with the comfy seats this made watching a film an even more enjoyable experience

Visited July 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not the best”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I didn't like my experience I went with my girlfriend and her mom n dad my girlfriend n her mom had good seats but her dad n me had the worst seats probably in the building her dad had a wet seat and I had to sit on the floor after being threatened to give up my seat I will use the Stratford picture house again however the staff are on point on there service

1 Thank Luke M
Boddington, United Kingdom
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“This is an unusual Cinema worth a try.”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a Cinema. Having said this it really is like going backwards in time to the 50's. Films are both up to date, but they also show classics from yesteryear.
Go give it a try and see what a difference a NON national chain can give to make a difference.

London, United Kingdom
126 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Lovely little cinema”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Popped in here to relax for a couple of hours after a busy few days. The girl who sold us our tickets was really friendly and chatty, which is always a good start, as so often in places like this they just want to sell you your ticket and get you on your way. Bar area for pre-film drinks was also good, and you're able to take drinks into the cinema, which is always nice.
Our cinema experience was fine, as there were only 5 people in the entire theatre, however had it have been busier I'm not sure what the view would have been like, as the slope that the rows of seats are on is not very steep - if someone tall had been sat in front of me, I'm not sure if I'd have been able to see as well. As it was, it was fine for us.

Visited July 2014