“Excellent food on a very pleasant cruise”

Countess of Evesham Boat Tours
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We attended a 30th Birthday party cruise aboard the Countess of Evesham and found the food to be of a very high standard with the minimum of delay and it came on hot plates. The service was friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and once the vino started flowing a good time was had by all. At the half-way stage the boat moored and we were able to disembark and enjoy the sunshine before continuing back to Stratford.

1  Thank Miles C

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We have had a meal on the Countess of Evesham many times but have felt that standards have not been maintained. This meal was Sunday lunch booked by my husband's celebrate my birthday but was not what we had expected. After an initial disagreement with staff the service was good and the meal was good, but it was like eating in a bar at Benidorm. There was a large group booked who I presume had played corkage to bring several boxes of wine on board, the volume was loud to start with, but got louder, coupled with people standing between the tables and a toddler walking around. We had hoped for a relaxing cruise along the river enjoying a good meal but by the end we couldn't wait to get off.

1  Thank Warks
Reviewed 16 July 2013

I was the organizer for the afternoon visit to this attraction.When the booking was made we were told Cream tea and 1.5 hour cruise. The Cream tea was to include Scones,Jam,Cream and Strawberries with as much tea and coffee that you wanted. 35 ladies paid their deposit. I notified the company that one guest was Gluten free.In writing I was assured a Gluten free option would be available.
Yes we had Scones Cream and Jam.Strawberries--- one each cut in half decorated each scone.
After the boat left the shore I asked the staff where the Gluten free option was ?They had failed to cater for this guest!The boat was stopped while a member of the crew ran back to town to purchase a cake option.
The afternoon cruise was certainly well under the time stated in their advertisement.
On the plus side the Tea and Coffee was in abundance!also two elderly ladies who were unable to attend had their deposits returned.

A disappointing afternoon,I certainly would not make a return booking.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Had Sunday dinner on a lovely river cruise in Stratford on Avon.
First Class in every way!!
Very clean.
Friendly staff.
Great views.
Great for all ocations.

1  Thank PHILIP W
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Every other year I bring a group of my students to Stratford-Upon-Avon to study Shakespeare and participate in Shakespeare's Birthday Celebrations. We always end our week there with a dinner cruise on the Countess of Evesham, and for most it is one of the top highlights of our trip! The interior of the boat is beautiful and of course there are great views from every table. The meal is good and afforable for our group (though I do wish they had served coffee or tea with the dessert.) The boat moves through several locks, and also docks shortly at the side of the river, giving time for a quick disembark and walk around the beautiful forests and fields surrounding Stratford. Watching the sunset from the boat is a real treat, and the wait staff was efficient and kind. I'd highly recommend this dinner cruise to couples as well as large groups like ours. Its a fantastic way to round out your trip to Stratford!

1  Thank Keri C