“Everything Greek”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

We went for a dinner with some friends and couldn't be better than that. What an excellent welcome from the Greek Guy called George !! Full of energy and big smile !! the food was absolutely delicious the portions more than generous and the price so good!! 100% Greek hospitality and Greek music . Will book for Christmas because they they will organise traditional Greek dance show. We felt like we were for holidays in Sandorini!! We had mezzes for 10 and was the best option. Te presentation of 22 dishes was Great ! Staff was very friendly and George make us feel like we were in Greece he prepared us some special cocktails and we end up drinking ouzo!! More than recommended El Greco the best restaurant in Stratford , Greek friendly people and best service and good entertainment with the best Greek healthy food

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Just off the town square and next door to the famous White Swan inn, El Greco is a real find. The staff, who appear to be all Greek, are really friendly, the food is excellent and the ambience is just right. By the end of the evening you have forgotten you are still in England, which is a bit of a shock when you go back outside! We absolutely loved it and will definitely be going back.

1  Thank Stephen2505
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My boyfriend & I arrived at 8pm on Saturday 9th November for dinner but hadn't booked a table - we were told there wouldn't be anything until 9:30pm unless we wanted a small table with stools at the bar - we'd had a look at the menu earlier on in the day & decided to stay & go for the small table. What a decision - we had outstanding service all night from I think the head waiter - the older Greek man - he was charismatic & funny & attentive. He recommended the Greek wine so we went for a bottle of red which was delicious. We went for the 3 courses for £18.50 set meal which gave us the option of most things on the menu. We both had kalamari to start which was honestly the best kalamaris I've ever had served with a lovely dip & slices of toasted pitta.
I then had the lamb shank & my boyfriend had the stifado. Again, both meals were sensational & although we were more than full we couldn't refuse the puddings. I went for the baklava with honeycomb ice cream - one of the most sweet & delicious things I've ever eaten & my boyfriend went for apple pie. We left ridiculously full & couldn't believe how good it was.
I would visit Stratford again just for this restaurant. What a find!

1  Thank Lois K
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We returned for a Meal here having not been for 6 months. Still superb freshly cooked food in stylish surroundings with warm welcoming Staff. Fabulous Mezze.....can't wait to go back!

Reviewed 30 October 2013

A very warm welcome for 13 family members including 4 small children. Nothing was too much trouble. Food excellent and served by very friendly staff. Altogether a great birthday treat. Will definitely return.