“The best Greek Restaurant in Britain!”
Review of El Greco

El Greco
Price range: US$784 - US$3,288
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 17 August 2014

I have been extremely lucky in my recent trip with my partner, where I discovered 2 great Greek Restaurants, but El Greco is really special! It is by far the best Greek restaurant I have visited in the UK, and is definitely worth a visit!

As I'm originally from Greece I enjoy visiting Greek restaurant when travelling around Britain for work or pleasure, and was lucky enough to stumble upon El Greco during my recent visit to Strattford upon Avon, as part of a break in the Cotsworlds.

We ordered the Mezze menu, which provides an abundance of original Greek flavours, for a very reasonable price. The quality of the food was absolutely amazing, and the service had the original Greek feel of friendliness - the staff and owners made you feel as you were a valued customer, someone they knew for years even if this was my first visit to the restaurant and not being local I am not very likely to visit often (though it will definitely be in my plans every time I;m near Stratford upon Avon!).

Getting back to the food, the Mezze menu includes a selection of starters (dolmades, taramosalata - one of the best I've had! -, tyropita, loukanika, keftedes) and mains (mousaka, stifado, souvlaki, Greek salad with real feta were the best) and orginal Greek desserts, which we were unable to eat as the food servings were really massive! The friendly staff packed it for us and we enjoyed it the next day!

Al in all I have been very pleasantly surprised to discover this little gem of Greek hospitality and flavour - it is said that the best experiences happen without planning and this was definitely the case with El Greco! Highly recommended!

2  Thank George A

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Been a few times, made the mistake of having the meze one time(that's everything for a set price). So much food, great value, but couldn't eat it all. Anyway there are plenty of dishes on the menu to satisfy. The staff are really friendly and helpful. This is on our regular restaurant list, love it.

1  Thank Neill R
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Having eaten here several times and not leaving a review I thought I should do this time as we had an amazing evening.
From the lady that greeted us, to the service and the food.. All was perfect!!!
Thank you for an incredible evening!!!

1  Thank Emily C
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ate here Sunday 10th August for my birthday whilst staying in Stratford for the weekend.
First Greek meal we've had outside of Greece. Wow. It was delicious. Plentiful portions, well cooked and presented. Great service ( balloons on table and a complimentary muffin with a candle, a greek "happy birthday" sung and a glass of pink fizz).
Will come back next time we're in Stratford.

1  Thank wilkesk&P
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Had the meze selection which worked out at about 26 dishes, unbelievable amounts of food and incredible quality not to mention great value for money :)

1  Thank Charlie B