“Family dinner” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: European, British, Wine Bar, Soups
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Wiltshire
“Family dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

We went to Loxleys tonight along with my parents having spent the day meandering and theatre going.

Lovely ambiance, great attentive staff, lovely sharing platters (although not huge for the money). The star of the show was my 8oz rib eye steak. Gorgeous. We will be back.

The prices are a bit on the expensive side but I think it's worth it.

John L, Owner at Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Claire and Steve.

Thank you for choosing to have Dinner with your parents at Loxley's recently.

Thanks for your compliments on our service and that of the ambiance in Loxley's.

I am really very pleased that you say that you feel the prices we charge are" worth it" and that you will return , this is very Important feedback for us.It is our firm belief that regardless of what we pay for whatever we buy it is so important that we all feel we have received " value for money "

We look forward to your next visit.

• Polish first
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Try the sharing platters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

A very warm welcome at Loxleys awaited us. We had a lovely little table for two in a secluded area with only 3 tables. The staff couldn't have been more attentive but were not intrusive at all. We had the sharing plate (sorry, can't remember the name of it) with the veggie option, we aren't vegetarian but like the combination of things on this platter. The courgette fritters were amazing, the little cheese kebabs melted in the mouth, it was ALL really delicious as were the desserts. If you're visiting Stratford don't miss this little gem.

Dear Patty.

Thank you for this lovely review of your time with us at Loxley's recently.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your table location in our little snug and your chosen sharing starter board , from your description I can confirm that you chose the Antipasti board,extremely popular as a starter for 2 to share.

Thanks for your compliments on our service and hopefully we may see you again on future visits to Stratford Upon Avon.

Kind Regards

Wells, Somerset
“Wonderful Food, Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Had dinner here as an early birthday present for my hubby and it did not disappoint. First we were seated in a table with very comfortable bucket chairs in front of a fireplace, which were it winter would have been romantic and atmospheric. Ambience was lovely, definitely a place to bring a date you'd want to impress! We had the pre-theatre menu and though not extensive, it was a great sampler of their fine dishes. I had the barbecue chicken wings with hot and spicy sauce for a starter and it was one of the best chicken I have ever had. I was still licking the slate clean of the sauce when I finished. For main, I had the fishcakes and while pretty average for a fishcake, still enjoyable. Portion wise, it was more than enough to satiate a hungry tummy. We were offered dessert and the server was more than happy to let us digest for a few minutes before we decide on dessert. I was glad of it for the dark chocolate delice had to be one of the best desserts I have ever had. It took serious willpower to savour it and not gobble it up like a fiend. My husband was cooing over his cheese board as there were some of the finest cheeses he has had (in fact, we traced the supplier and have already planned a visit to sample other cheeses they might have). The brie was sinfully soft and creamy it was damn near spreadable on a cracker. Wine was a bit expensive but well worth the money. Service was amazing, we had one of the most attentive and friendly waiters I have ever met. Will be coming back again for more chicken and dark chocolate delice!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to let us have this great feedback after your recent visit to Loxley's.

I am really pleased that you enjoyed your table choice and your chosen dishes off our Pe Theatre menu.

All of our desserts are made on site ,I am pleased that you enjoyed your Chocolate delice .

Our Cheeses ! we did so much research into our cheese selection before we decided on the selection offered,so to hear that you enjoyed them so much is very rewarding and proves the research was worth while - thank you .

Hopefully we may see you again very soon.

England
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I have been lucky enough to eat in Loxley's twice in the last couple of weeks and in both occasions the food and service were excellent. The chicken Kiev is amazing, as is the duck. I suggest you try the sharing platter of desserts, they are all delicious and the chef worked around a nut allergy for us.

This place is also a good choice for anyone gluten free as there is a separate menu.

Dear Mammafloss.

Thank you for returning to Loxley's again and for your lovely comments on your chosen dishes.

Our special sharing desserts are very popular,I am so pleased that you enjoyed your's.

Thanks also for mentioning our Gluten free menu ,we do try to ensure that as many guests as possible are catered for ,including those who have allergies or are intolerant to certain food / Ingredients.

We hope to see you again soon.

John.
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The food was as good as you get in a good restaurant in Italy. The price was very reasonable. The service couldn't have been better. The only regret is that in my years of visiting Stratford I hadn't discovered this place until now.

Visited June 2014