“Typically British”

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an excellent choice if you want to try typical British food. Service is very good, staff is very friendly. Place is easy to find. We had a selection of different items, all of them delicious.

1  Thank synthiab
Write a ReviewReviews (3,468)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having recently visited stratford for the weekend and browsing possible restaurant's for our evening meal, we decided to choose loxley's. After not particularly wanting to give our card details over the phone so we could be charged a fee in case we missed our reservation, understandable I suppose in such a popular restaurant the gentleman on the phone suggested we could have a table outside in the courtyard. This was understandable as we did not pre-book a table and we were happy with this. When we arrived we were greeted by a gentleman who assured us they would accommodate us at the bar area inside if it were to rain. We were shown to our table by the waitress and were surprised that such a highly rated restaurant did not invest in a canopy or outdoor covering. That aside we ordered our meal and we were quite content. The restaurant is granted, very nice. Guests then arrived and were seated on a reserved table next to us. We began to feel rather uncomfortable to learn that four guests were to be seated in a limited space next to us. We even had to shift our table along and adjust ourselves to fit them in. The comfort level hit rock bottom as one guest lit a cigarette and proceeded to smoke it entirely even when the waitress jokingly told her 'seriously you can't smoke here'. Both parties laughed at this and the waitress proceeded to take their order, ignoring the smoking. Although after reading the managers denial of this incident, I can protest this happened. Perhaps if you have CCTV in operation you will examine the incident for yourself. The food came and giving credit where it is due, it was nice. Until I had to polish off my meal within 10 minutes as it began to rain. Waiting staff commented on the rain but still did not act. Ourselves and another table were growing impatient and contrary again to the response given, we escorted ourselves inside! No waiting staff came to invite us to the bar, we even had to carry our own bottle and drinks, god forbid I didn't finish my meal and had to carry my own plate! We then found our OWN way to the bar, the waitress then found us stood in a cramped corner and we requested the bill. We were given no apology. I would like to offer the suggestion that the previous offer of accommodating us at the bar should it rain was not sincere or perhaps not thought out, as judging the size of the bar and volume of people, eating a meal would certainly not have been possible. Perhaps if we had been given a truthful answer to sitting outside - if it rains you get wet, it would have been more respectful. I did not wish to post this review but I have been encouraged to by reading the unprofessional response from the manager on my partners previous review in which he rejects our views and accounts. I have also been reading the managers somewhat offensive responses to others who leave negative reviews. Be assured if you have a poor dining experience at this restaurant, you will be given no apology from waiting staff or the manager and your views will be rejected and insulted.

6  Thank Emma S
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Living in Stratford we are rather spoilt for choice but tried Loxleys as a change.
Very pleasantly surprised, fresh food ( dare try the spicy chicken wings starter!) and a great service as well.
Our waitress called Simone was extremely efficient and could not do enough to keep us happy.
If visiting Stratford, you won't go far wrong dining here.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

What a fantastic evening we had at Loxley's which is a bistro style restaurant in the heart of the tourist area of Stratford. The food was as good a meal as we had ever had. My wife chose garlic mushrooms on toast for her starter and she said it was absolutely delicious. My goats cheese and chutney was equally good. We both had steak for our main. My wife chose the fillet steak and I had the Tbone. Both were cooked to perfection. My wife declined a sweet electing for a coffee to be served at the same time as my dessert (a simply amazing and generously portioned chocolate and orange mousse like delice). So often we ask in restaurants for coffee for my wife and dessert for me to be served together and so often my dessert arrives followed by my wife's coffee some ten minutes later. Not here however. The service was so good they got it bang on. We were extremely well looked after by very attentive staff all evening and the owner saw us at the end to check that everything had been to our liking. With a very decent bottle of wine we felt that £90 for our meal was good value for great food and service. Can't wait to go there again.

2  Thank Barry C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Happened across this post-theatre. Unfortunately they had stopped doing food by the time we arrived but that was our fault not theirs as we'd wandered half-way around Stratford before we came back to this. So all we had was a glass of Malbec but it was an excellent glass and we were made very welcome despite the lateness of the hour. Will go back and try the food on our next visit,