“2 Proper birthday treats!!!”

Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loxley’s Restaurant & Wine Bar is an independently owned, family run business based in the heart of Stratford-upon-Avon.
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We live in Devon, and my Mum & our eldest son live in Coventry, so to treat them both for a joint birthday meal, I came up with Loxleys after a bit of research on www.tripadvisor.co.uk into the best restaurants in Warwickshire, Loxleys just jumped out at me, not just because of the food, although it did look amazing and just what I had hoped to find, but also because of the people who work there, everyone who was reviewing them seemed so pleased with them and were calling them by name!!!
I rang and spoke to Paul, who was so efficient and helpful, which just made me feel I had made the right choice. I obviously didnt go and eat there, but my family absolutely loved everything about it, from the food, the staff and even down to the location, and were really singing your praises and talking about making a return visit.
So on behalf of them, I would like to say thank you sooo much to all of you and dont stop doing what you are doing because you seem to tick every box!!!! ..Thanks again Wendy & Martin xx
We will try you too one day when we are next back in the Midlands, cant wait!!! :-)

1  Thank therocks2008
There are newer reviews for Loxley's Restaurant & Wine Bar

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Second time we have visited this place, first time for dinner and now lunch. My wife and I wanted a light lunch so we chose tapas, there were other sharing dishes such as a fish board which also sounded good. Service excellent, wine good and meal was superb.

1  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We hadn't booked a table & only wanted something light and this place looked good. The owner (John I think) greeted us & apologised that the only space was in the courtyrad- this was fine with us as it was a lovely evening. Service was quick & very freindly. We had the spanish sharing plate and some chips but looking at the menu we wished we had A. the appetite & B. the time to have more. The dishes we saw at other tables looked lovely & our sharing plate was delicious. The wine list is good & not stupidly priced. On the way out the owner told us that if we booked for around 8pm then the tables are not booked again so you can stay for the evening. Next time we're in Stratford we shall do just that!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

This is an excellent choice if you want to try typical British food. Service is very good, staff is very friendly. Place is easy to find. We had a selection of different items, all of them delicious.

1  Thank synthiab
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Having recently visited stratford for the weekend and browsing possible restaurant's for our evening meal, we decided to choose loxley's. After not particularly wanting to give our card details over the phone so we could be charged a fee in case we missed our reservation, understandable I suppose in such a popular restaurant the gentleman on the phone suggested we could have a table outside in the courtyard. This was understandable as we did not pre-book a table and we were happy with this. When we arrived we were greeted by a gentleman who assured us they would accommodate us at the bar area inside if it were to rain. We were shown to our table by the waitress and were surprised that such a highly rated restaurant did not invest in a canopy or outdoor covering. That aside we ordered our meal and we were quite content. The restaurant is granted, very nice. Guests then arrived and were seated on a reserved table next to us. We began to feel rather uncomfortable to learn that four guests were to be seated in a limited space next to us. We even had to shift our table along and adjust ourselves to fit them in. The comfort level hit rock bottom as one guest lit a cigarette and proceeded to smoke it entirely even when the waitress jokingly told her 'seriously you can't smoke here'. Both parties laughed at this and the waitress proceeded to take their order, ignoring the smoking. Although after reading the managers denial of this incident, I can protest this happened. Perhaps if you have CCTV in operation you will examine the incident for yourself. The food came and giving credit where it is due, it was nice. Until I had to polish off my meal within 10 minutes as it began to rain. Waiting staff commented on the rain but still did not act. Ourselves and another table were growing impatient and contrary again to the response given, we escorted ourselves inside! No waiting staff came to invite us to the bar, we even had to carry our own bottle and drinks, god forbid I didn't finish my meal and had to carry my own plate! We then found our OWN way to the bar, the waitress then found us stood in a cramped corner and we requested the bill. We were given no apology. I would like to offer the suggestion that the previous offer of accommodating us at the bar should it rain was not sincere or perhaps not thought out, as judging the size of the bar and volume of people, eating a meal would certainly not have been possible. Perhaps if we had been given a truthful answer to sitting outside - if it rains you get wet, it would have been more respectful. I did not wish to post this review but I have been encouraged to by reading the unprofessional response from the manager on my partners previous review in which he rejects our views and accounts. I have also been reading the managers somewhat offensive responses to others who leave negative reviews. Be assured if you have a poor dining experience at this restaurant, you will be given no apology from waiting staff or the manager and your views will be rejected and insulted.

6  Thank Emma S