“Wonderful pre-theatre meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Wildwood Kitchen

Wildwood Kitchen
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wildwood Kitchen, a casual-chic pasta place on Sheep Street in Stratford-upon-Avon, is a fun and laid-back restaurant divided into three separate dining areas. The first has beamed ceilings and a traditional vibe, whilst the two other rooms are modern in style and decorated with contemporary canvases. Popular with tourists and locals alike, Wildwood Kitchen is packed for business lunches during the day, and has a more chilled out vibe for afternoon coffees and evening meals. Carboholics will love the hearty Mediterranean menu.
Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful pre-theatre meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2008

I enjoyed a wonderful pre-theatre meal at Cafe Pasta with my husband and a friend. The menu was varied, the service was attentive, and the atmosphere was enjoyable. I would definitely return to this restaurant.

I ordered off the pre-theatre fixed price menu and was pleased with my food. The Ceasar salad was delicious although it had too much dressing on it. I usually order my dressing on the side, but failed to do so this time, so the fault was mine. My chicken pizza was very good, and I had enough to offer both my husband and his friend a piece of pizza. My husband enjoyed his pasta dish more than he has enjoyed most of his meals on our 6 week UK trip. The pinot grigio by the glass was excellent.

We were seated in the front of the restaurant which was more intimate than the back of the restaurant. However, the back of the restaurant was very light and spacious. We made a reservation for a table in the front of the restaurant, so based on a previous review of this restaurant, maybe you should, too.

The service was very good, but coming from the Midwest of the United States, I have had to get used to how long it takes to get the bill. In every restaurant I have been to in the UK -- and we have eaten out every day of our six-week trip -- it takes a while to get the bill, so be prepared for that. Likewise, I bet if British went to a restaurant in the Midwest, they would think it rude how quickly their server would (usually) bring the bill. Also, if you like to drink your coffee with your dessert, you might want to specify that because it is not uncommon to get the coffee after the dessert. Again, the servers are not being rude or forgetful. Rather, it is a difference in cultures.

The prices in the U.K. have been shocking because of the value of the dollar, so if that is an issue, consider the fixed price or express meals. They are often a much better value. There are also numerous sandwich shops, bakeries, and drug stores (chemist shops) that sell sandwich meal deals for those times when you get tired of spending at least $16 for a hamburger.

Happy travels!

1 Thank NPB71

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Depends on if you are sat at the front or back. At the back, it is too noisy and full of big parties of people.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2008