“Lovely food and service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Wildwood Kitchen

Wildwood Kitchen
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Wildwood Kitchen, a casual-chic pasta place on Sheep Street in Stratford-upon-Avon, is a fun and laid-back restaurant divided into three separate dining areas. The first has beamed ceilings and a traditional vibe, whilst the two other rooms are modern in style and decorated with contemporary canvases. Popular with tourists and locals alike, Wildwood Kitchen is packed for business lunches during the day, and has a more chilled out vibe for afternoon coffees and evening meals. Carboholics will love the hearty Mediterranean menu.
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“Lovely food and service. ”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Ate here without a reservation on 30th May. Service was very friendly and efficient. We had starter portions of a goats cheese & butternut squash salad and a seared tuna nicoise. Both made with very fresh ingredients and excellent dressings. Mains were seafood linguine and a quattro stagione pizza. Again all very fresh (mussels, prawns, squid, parma ham, anchovies etc) and well made. Affogiato and baked banana cheese cake finished a great dinner. With 2 glasses of prosecco and a bottle of very good rioja crianza the whole meal was excellent value for such quality. Would visit again. Highly recommended.

Chigwell, United Kingdom
“There is nothing either good or bad! ! ”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Great looking restaurant, little like the tardis from the front door looks small but round the back opens up to be spacious eatery.

Service here is casual with a smile from most, our waitress seemed not to enjoy her job, but she was efficient.
Our starters of olives, stone baked pizza bread where delicious, our wine great value but my risotto was properly the worst risotto I have ever had, dry over cooked lump of tasteless mush topped with rocket leaves. My wife had the seafood linguine, that too over cooked pasta with a raw garlic and served in a bland tomato sauce.

There's a selection of other restaurants close by and now wished I been a little more adventurers.

1 Thank Mark R
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Ate here the night before running the Shakespeare 1/2 marathon and it definitely aided the carb-loading! Delicious food, extremely friendly service and a lovely ambience. Would definitely return!

Visited April 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Great service...”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The good folks at Trip Advisor gave me a couple of Excellent Service pins to award for such service. Today I did. The food at Wildwood Kitchen was OK. We both had pizza. The place was full with every seat taken. The server who waited on us was very helpful in making suggestions and followed up with care...not just for us...but for what must have been eight tables she was serving. Never have I seen someone give such care and service to so many. She hustled without making a big deal out of it. Just so rare. It was a real privilege to give her the pin. She knew TA quite well and seemed quite honored to get the pin. She promised to wear it on her apron.

• Visited May 2014
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal to round off a great visit to Stratford”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Having visited Stratford for the first time, in order to see a show at the comedy festival, my friend and I were torn between stopping at a local restaurant, or grabbing a bite to eat at McDonald's and commencing our four hour drive home. We decided to have a nosey around at the restaurants near the comedy venue and due to it being after 9pm, we were limited in terms of where we were able to eat. We both saw the menu for Wildwood Kitchen and decided 'it would do'.

We waited for around 5 minutes on entering, which confused me slightly as the restaurant seemed to be largely empty, with only 3-4 tables full. However, we were offered a seat in the window and our drinks orders were taken promptly. After deciding that we'd make do with this place, we were then spoilt for choice, and, being hungry, decided to order a starter as well as our main. We ordered a Mediterranean platter for two and it was delicious; there was more than enough for two people and it was refreshing to find that the food was of a decent quality, whilst not scrimping on size. We definitely fought over the olives and the pancetta! For mains, I plumped for a chicken and mushroom risotto and my friend had spaghetti carbonara. Again the portions were very generous and it was delicious; often I find that 'chicken AND mushroom' means that there will be a token piece of chicken buried there somewhere, but this wasn't the case and there was plenty of chicken in the dish. The food was served quickly but was hot on being delivered to our table. When it comes to risotto, I'm rather fussy, as the rice is so easy to get wrong, but this was perfect and I only wish I'd been able to finish off the bowlful!

We were far too full to face puddings, but after our meal I ventured to the (impeccably clean) toilet and found that actually the restaurant is far larger than it appears when you first enter; much of it is hidden around a corner, so what I took for lazy service was actually the waiting staff seeing to far more customers than I had realised. We had a small wait to pay for the meal, but the food was fantastic, the restaurant is in a beautiful location and on top of that the total for two courses for two, along with a glass of wine and a soft drink came to little over £40, which was reasonable and far more enjoyable than a McDonald's! I would not hesitate to return.

• Visited May 2014