“Amazing Spa Break” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stratford Manor Spa

Stratford Manor Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our spa which is home to a fabulous health club, 3 spa treatment rooms, indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room is open six days a week & until 8.30pm on Thursdays and Fridays! Please note our spa is closed on Wednesday.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Spa Break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

My very close friend booked us this spa break, we arrived on the Saturday and was booked in till the Sunday. Our Break included a 2 course light lunch, 3 course dinner and a cooked breakfast including continental items. We had 2 treatments each that were booked at the time of booking the break.

We were booked in quickly and our room was ready early. We chose our lunch items while booking in and it was ready by the time we went down an hour later. After lunch we headed to the spa facilities. We were given our robes and slippers and our treatments were due at 3pm.... We used the spa whilst waiting for our treatments... It was so relaxing. The treatments were amazing and we could not fault the food. The beds were great, and we both had a fab sleep, totally refreshed...... WOW

Staff were friendly and helpful.

I would highly recommend this Spa.

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Sue B

Brentwood, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Weekend away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a weekend away in Stratford Manor.Staff are very friendly and approachable and allowed us to stay later in the room upon checkout.Breakfast selection is very good although it took a while to clear used plates etc.I upgraded to the Q room which is definitely worth doing as much bigger and generally better equipped.
We ate in the hotel restaurant and service was good but a very limited menu.
Altogether a very good hotel which is only 50 minutes from the cotswolds and 5 minutes from Stratford town centre. A little dated in places but good customer service particular on reception and good value for money.

1 Thank MeAMG
Worcestershire
145 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 199 helpful votes
“Spa day...but not relaxing.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Booked months in advance as had a Q members deal which included 50% off spa rituals. Booked spa treatments via booking line, I repeatedly asked if my treatments for both my mother and myself were included (booked facials, deluxe manicure/pedicure and eye treatments) was told over and over again yes as it states spa rituals on each item. Arrived a bit early, checked with main reception if it was ok to go into spa, the woman on duty was not welcoming, Seeming almost bored. Went to spa, Claire was welcoming enough but when I told her about 50% discount she said not on the treatments I booked. I told her I had spoken to Amy at time of booking and she said 50% would apply. Claire said she would "sort it out". Ok I thought, so as we were early, we went for a cup of coffee. On our return I sat down in spa waiting room, Claire came up to me and said she had spoken to reservations "and they taped your call and they said spa rituals,only,for 50% off", and as a good will gesture she would take 10% my treatments. Now this really annoyed me, almost like" we taped your call and you don't have a leg to stand on". I don't take this kind of attitude from anyone and don't appreciate almost bully boy tactics, so I argued my point. Claire was a bit patronising, saying she "understood" but 50% discount couldn't be applied. I kept my cool, just, and asked to see a copy of their spa brochure,as I know what I was told by the reservations woman. Claire gave me a photo copy, I looked through it and on the top of each page said the words "spa rituals", which would signify that all treatments came under the name of "spa rituals". When I pointed this out to Claire she was shamed faced and said she had never noticed this before and could understand how I was told it was ok for my treatments to be discounted by 50%. Even then she said she would reduce the facials by 50% but nothing else. My mother and I nearly cancelled the whole days treatments but I didn't want to spoil our break, so I agreed. It left a bitter taste in my mouth for the rest of the day, even though my mother and I,and the staff, were pleasant to each other for the rest of the day. Treatments were very nice but I won't be returning. Shame really, as we stay at The Stratford Q hotel (town centre location) frequently, eight stays this year alone, and planned on going back to have spa treatments,at the Stratford Manor. Now I'll find somewhere else to go for a good spa day.

2 Thank LMargaret W
Birmingham, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“great hotel, lovely location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

we stayed at this hote on Friday 02.08.13. we had a family room for myself, my husband and our 2 children (aged 7 & 4). the room was lovely and big, we had lots of complimentary toiletries to use and the children were given crayons and drawing books to keep them entertained.

the only critisism i have is that we did not have a phone in the room, this would not have been a problem but i had requested 2 wake up calls as we had a family wedding early the next day. obviously the wake up calls did not happen because we had no phone for them to call us on!!

Visited August 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Poor excuse for customer service!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2013

I took my friend here for a spa day and we found upon arrival the customer service was shocking,Chris was on reception at the spa and he was very unhelpful and unfriendly! This was alarming as was just the start of the day! Our food at lunch was awful,after waiting for over an hour for it we were starving,yet when it came we left majority of it! The spa facilitys were less than adequate! The side of the pool stunk of smelly feet&young children were noisy all day,the opposite of relaxing! If its advertised as a relaxing spa break children being constantly noisy as children are does not consist of this! So for this I'd say it was mis-unadvertised! The changing rooms are ridiculously small,no room for more than two people to change in! And the showers are dirty and very basic! For a four star hotel it lacks in all area's more like a two star! All in all a very disappointing day,what should have been a relaxing day was made the opposite by all the above! A letter of complaint has been sent to the customer relations manger for the hotel group,so we shall wait and see what their response is! I would not recommend this hotel for a spa retreat at all!

2 Thank lizzyearls