“Lovely veggie food in the heart of Stratford”
Review of Act V - CLOSED

Act V
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This cafe/giftshop is a real find, especially for veggies like me. Situated right in the heart of Stratford upon Avon, on Sheep Street, it is ideally located for a visit before the theatre (I went prior to seeing Richard ll). The food is gorgeous! I would thoroughly recommend the wild mushroom and leek pie, and the coffee cake. The proprietors didn't rush us (my friend and I were so busy talking about our passion, Shakespeare, that we took ages to order) but we were made to feel very welcome. The cafe is bright, comfortable, spotlessly clean and very good value for money. We didn't see the proprietors' dogs (shame!) but hope to next time we visit - and we definitely will visit next time we are in Stratford.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Act V had become a real favourite for us to have Sunday brunch together as a family, but in the last couple of weeks we felt less and less welcome as everyweek went by. We kept trying, in the hope that we had misread the situation but in the end we had to admit defeat. There seems to be an issue with the toilet and the managers/owners are very defensive about it. Our son is really well behaved but recently potty trained and so we had been 'allowed' to use the 'staff' toilet. The following week we helped ourselves to the toilet for him and were given a very frosty telling off. the following week we asked if we would be able to use the toilet before we even sat down and were aggressively told that the toilet was blocked, was going to cost £100 to mend and that there were not obliged to have a toilet anyway. I tried to say that we had our potty with us, which uses a bag method and that we didn't need to use the toilet, just the cubicle for privacy and the reaction was so rude we just left and had breakfast at The Vintner. I still feel quite upset about it as we had been teling everybody what at lovely spot it is, wholesome food, suntrap garden and original cards but sadly we will not return.

1  Thank j0br0
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is a lovely little cafe/card & gift shop in the heart of Stratford upon Avon. My partner and I were looking for somewhere to go for a sandwich/ light lunch , but were restricted as we had our two cocker spaniels with us. We passed Act V and saw the notice saying that well-behaved dogs were welcome, and so we went in. Dogs are allowed in the main sitting area, but we chose to sit in the pretty garden at the back. We were made very comfortable by the owners, who made a great fuss of the dogs! I ordered a mature cheddar cheese, celery, and apple sandwich and it was delicious, with plenty of filling. My partner had a broccoli quiche which he also said was lovely. Each meal came with a nice serving of dressed salad.
The gift/card area is well presented with lots of pretty gifts.
We visit Stratford quite often and Act V will certainly go on to our list of places to visit.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Best cafe ever, love to shop for cards, love coffee and cake, perfect combination! Even hubby happy as he can sit with a pot of tea whilst I shop. Love to come here when visiting Stratford and the ladies who run it are always friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Liz G
Reviewed 2 October 2013

We seemed to be spoiled for choice for somewhere to eat lunch in Stratford upon Avon and this place was first-class. Choice of eating inside - charming, clean and with bags of character and personality - or al fresco, sitting on comfortable sofas with rattan tables or wrought iron tables and chairs. Homily pie? I'd never heard of it before but it was sublime - as was the quiche. No skimping on flavour or quantities with the side salad, either, which was beautifully imaginative (I could wax so lyrical on the subject of side salads!) as well as flavoursome. Fantastic ambience and serving staff lovely, too.

Full marks for Act V!