“A nice place to stay”
Review of White Swan Hotel

White Swan Hotel
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Situated in scenic Stratford-upon-Avon, the historic White Swan Hotel has played host to thousands of guests since 1560. Why not come and see why…indulge with a perfectly poured pint or something from our extensive cellar, then settle back with a dish from our exquisite menus.
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A nice place to stay”
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at the White Swan for one night in a recent visit to Stratford-upon-avon and I was extremely happy with the service. One of the managers Sarah was very friendly and helpful, giving great advice on what to do in the area. Definitely worth a visit if you are ever in Stratford-upon-avon!

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Kontich, Belgium
“Theatre menu”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

On our first night we noticed this restaurant and it's theatre menu. Because we were going to see a performance the night after we decided to try it out the next day. Dinner was good but we had to hurry to get to the theatre in time, although we mentioned we had to be there by 6.45 and we placed our orders around 5.15, our main course didn't arrive untill 6.15 and dessert, because i went in and asked for it, at 6.40. Not exactly the calm meal we hoped for.We expected that, if you offer a theatre menu, you'd be ready for it to come out on time.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Tine V
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Downhill!”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

After staying at your establishment for our Wedding Anniversary two years ago, my husband and i were very much looking forward to revisiting today for a spot of lunch. However, after ordering a drink before browsing the menu, we were taken aback by the snobbish attitude of the staff. After no willingness to converse with us ( this was not due to you being busy as there were very few people there ) and numerous 'dirty' looks we decided to go elsewhere.

2 Thank FoxySimone
Glos, UK
“Pretty good for discounted rate- Character Room”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed for two nights in the Macbeth Character Room on a discounted rate- £278 for the two nights. The room was spacious and yes characterful, with a huge bathroom and a four poster bed.
I found all the staff I encountered polite and helpful, which is a priority for me, I can't stand poor customer service.
A couple of things about the room- i found the bed pretty hard and there isn't really anywhere to hang your clothes. On the plus side there are some complementary drinks and fresh milk for tea and coffee.
Breakfast was OK, a standard hotel breakfast, not one of the best I've had but not terrible. Had to laugh that the 'mushrooms' on the menu turned out to be one quarter of a mushroom ! Breakfast was included in my room rate. If I paid the extra £12.95 for it I wouldn't be so happy.
I would happily stay again but not on the full rate, I think £210 was quoted at reception, which I think is too expensive.

• Visited June 2013
believeinyou
“Great Pre-Theatre Dinner”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

We dined here before going to the theatre. You can order off e regular menu or the 2 or 3 course price fixed menu. Excellent atmosphere. Reasonable prices. The food was excellent. Great fresh rolls for the table. The mushroom soup was great. The fish and chips were excellent as well.

• Visited June 2013