“great location. lovely staff.”

Hamlet House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 27 March 2011

Breakfast was decent, would be nice to have some fruit options. Paul was incredibly helpful with suggestions with places to go and things to see. Great experience.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Room was very clean, though I'm not a fan of the pink Victorian theme. Bath was quite modern and always warm water.
Though the B&B itself is not significantly different from others in Stratford, the host and hostess are so charming and vivacious, you can't help but love the whole place.
And breakfast? Well, you're going to have to search hard for a better experience. Scrambled eggs topped w shaved salmon, toast, bacon (we Americans would call it ham), juice, coffee, toast, homemade jam etc. And each day they offer a variety of breakfasts, all very special.
I can end w/out mentioning Dolly II the hostess's grey parrot. She is more like a dog, greeting guests, prowling through the B&B in search of people to talk to. She's so friendly you have to be careful that she doesn't follow you right out the door.
We loved Stratford on Avon and the Hamlet House. It was my second stay and it was better than the first.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Having stayed at Hamlet House on numerous occassions while studying in Stratford, I have been thoroughly impressed with the warm and frendly welcome I always receive, the willingness to be flexible and accomodate me at short notice and most importantly the breakfast. Their claim to serve the best breakfast in Stratford I'm sure is accurate - although to be honest I have never felt the need to put it to the test by going anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2010

wonderful people in this guest house who gave me all courtesy and every help I needed, very, very friendly, nice room, lovely breakfast with some home made specialities, I can highly recommend the Hamlet House.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank richardthird
Reviewed 23 June 2010

Thanks to Yvonne and Paul for a lovely, if brief, stay. They went out of their way to help us celebrate a birthday and we so appreciated it! Spotless rooms, delicious full breakfast, and congenial and helpful hosts...all at a very competitive rate. I recommend highly!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank doctordonnanoble
Reviewed 9 March 2010

As usual, Paul and Yvonne had a great place. I particularly liked the remodeled breakfast room. As always, the breakfasts were great. I had the Jumbo (as I am an American!), and it was more than I could eat!

I will always go to the Hamlet House when I am in the area. I plan on bringing my Family with 2 11 year olds with my again in June

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Jags12us
Reviewed 20 February 2010

A big Thanks to Yvonne! Loved the place! We only stayed for 1 night but seriously, the place was like home. The room was a good size and was clean and cosy. The only thing I would suggest is that a long mirror is needed in the room (triple).

Breakfast was ACE

Location was Perfect

Overall a lovely stay at Hamlet House- We shall return!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends