“The Best Thai Restaurant in the World”
Review of Thai Kingdom

Thai Kingdom
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Thai Kingdom, the home of traditional Thai food in the heart of Stratford upon Avon. We are a family owned restaurant, established in 1992 centrally located, within minutes walk from the theatres. We pride ourselves on using fresh, authentic produce to create our popular Thai dishes. Our menu comprises of a wide variety of cuisine from all over Thailand. Whether you like coconut milk based curries from the south or Chinese influenced noodle dishes from the north, we are confident you will find something to suit your taste. Our private dining room is ideal for tour groups, parties, business functions, etc. Or why not book the whole restaurant for a very unique wedding reception! Our beautifully carved fruit and vegetables make stunning table decorations and we can organise Thai music or dancing to make your special day one to really remember! Please contact us to discuss your requirements, we will be happy to assist you in organising your perfect event. During the summer months we open our courtyard garden; a tranquil little oasis, tucked away from the hustle and busy of the town. Enjoy a cool iced Thai tea amongst the bamboos, vegetables and herbs, that our chefs tender too.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I have eaten here many many times and I can honestly say this is the best Thai food
I have ever eaten. It's a very nice restaurant and the people are very friendly. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody it's wonderful....A big Thank you Thai Kingdom !!!

2  Thank TerryB21

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Visited on a busy Sunday night. The food was nice and the staff attentive and friendly. Just slightly out of the middle of town but handy for the Grosvenor Hotel across the road.

1  Thank Sirmone
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Visited alone, on a Tuesday evening.

The restaurant is reasonably located - less than 5 minutes from the RSC, but on the edge of the centre of town. 1 minute from the Best Western and Premier Inn.

Inside, the decor and general feeling is a little tired. Not tatty, or shabby - just in need of a little lift. Its far from romantic.

The menu is not the widest I've seen, but there's enough there, including a good selection of vegetarian.

The food was very good indeed. I had prawns as a starter with a deliciously hot and spicy dipping sauce, followed by red curry.

The service was attentive and friendly throughout.

I had starter, main with noodles and 3 small beers. This was £33, so it's not cheap.

A world apart from Giggling Squid.

1  Thank Ed L
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Lovely food, reasonable price, excellent staff and atmosphere. The restaurant was full so we were lucky to get a table - recommend booking!

1  Thank LGaunt10
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This restaurant is handy for the centre of Stratford, its a nice setting, clean with a relaxed atmosphere. The staff were really polite and attentive, and the Thai wine was a really interesting feature, I've never had Thai wine before and it was very nice. The food was average, not outstanding, but plenty of it and tasty enough. I tend to find the general standard of restaurants in Stratford is low, which seems strange given how busy the town is. I would rate this as one of the best eating options in town.