“Fab food, wonderful Tapas selection and great service.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No.1 Nightclub
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Description: Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No. 1 Nightclub is Stratford's newest addition to the nightlife scene. Formally Number 1 Shakespeare Street, it now boasts a light and bright Cocktail Bar downstairs, which is the ideal place to meet friends whilst trying amazing cocktails served by skilled cocktail bar Men & Women. Upstairs No. 1 Nightclub gives you the chance to dance the night away every Saturday to resident DJ's offering a mix of RnB, Soul, Dance, Pop and Disco.
“Fab food, wonderful Tapas selection and great service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had a wonderful meal today. Tapas food was wonderful with a great selection on offer. Staff made us feel welcome and were helpful. Good value. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited November 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Great venue for our Hen party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

The Chapel nightclub at No 1 Shakespeare St was the final point of call for our party of 14 celebrating a Hen do. We reserved two booths, and they were decorated for us and we had excellent table service. The drinks package was really good value.

I really recommend this venue, we had a really good time. My only criticism would be that the DJ doesn't take requests, but that is a minor issue, as the music was perfect for our night out.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank AndyBex1977
shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No.1 Nightclub, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments about No 1 and we are delighted you had a memorable experience for your Hen Party. Apologies about the music requests but we are pleased you still enjoyed the music that was played on the night though.
Many thanks
stratford-upon-avon
“As a demanding client I was over the moon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

I held a "big number birthday" celebration here last month. This booking was a long time in the making and after a lot of to-ing and fro-ing wtih admin around the booking, the owner took hold of the booking himself and did an excellent job of dotting the i's and crossing the t's - so on the night everything went swimmingly well. The room looked amazing, the arrival drinks were lovely on silver trays and made guests feel special the band (which admittedly I arranged) were fab with the help of No.1 and the DJ (provided by No 1) was fab. Bar and catering staff were friendly and receptive and I felt like a million dollars that night - over 70 guests had a ball and have been raving about the night ever since - so ENOUGH said! Happy to answer any questions if anyone is thinking of holding their own bash there. Do it!!

1 Thank crowezone
shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No.1 Nightclub, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments about No 1 and your party experience. We hope to see you again very soon!
stratford upon avon
“Great Party Venue”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We held a 40th party here that went without a glitch and over 70 friends had a great night.
We arranged our own band and the venue organised the DJ for after.
The room looked great, the staff were helpful they food was well received.
I would definitely use the venue again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No.1 Nightclub, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments and we are delighted you had such a memorable evening for your party. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
London
“Brilliant Hen Do venue”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

I organised an evening here for my best friend's Hen Do for 15 of us and it was great. The emails from them beforehand were prompt and helpful and reassured me that I'd made a good choice (we live 100miles away so I wasn't at all sure what to expect).

They arranged a massive buffet for £12 per head and had sectioned off 2 seperate areas for us (one in the bar and one in the club - again not something I would have known to do as I didn't know the layout). The food was tasty and filling and good value for money.

They took payment on the night and gave me an invoice which explained everything clearly, it was much better organised than other bars when I've organised big events.

It was also nice that our coats were taken and put in a special section for our reservation, and that one of the bouncers showed us where our reservation was up stairs - it was all seamless and stressfree for me.

The only minor downside was that the bar staff couldn't mix cocktails when asked - but this didn't ruin our evening at all.

The atmosphere and music was fab, just what I'd hoped for. Thank you.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
shakespearestreet, Owner at Shakespeare Street Cocktail Bar & No.1 Nightclub, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you very much for your fab comments about No 1 and we are delighted you had a fantastic evening for your Hen Party. Sincere apologies for the issue with the cocktails (the barman was new) but we do have a wide variety of cocktails available and would be happy to make one for you if and when you are next in Stratford - on the house of course!
The Team at No 1.