“great fun. great food”
Review of Edward Moon

Edward Moon
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Stalybridge, United Kingdom
“great fun. great food”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

This review is a little late as we wnet in the first week of December. I had booked, as it was only a few weeks before xmas, but needn't have. When we walked in at about 7.30pm on a Monday night the place was quiet with just a few tables taken. The atmosphere however was great and involved a load of laughter. We soon found out why. The staff were superb, freindly and funny and I believe (sorry if I am wrong) were French.

We were shown to a tabnle for 4 even though there were only the 2 of us which was great. Menus and wine menue were quickly brought to us. The food when ordered was very good. I had salmonfishcakes, followed by duck and profiteriles. Not all on one plate of course. When ordering I couldn't decide between 3 dishes and the waitress said 2 of my choices were the best. Which to go for venison steak or my favourite, anywhere, the duck. Thankfully my wonderful wife helped and ordered the venison steak for her so I had the duck. Both were very nice but the venison steak, of which I stile some, was just slightly better.

The food is very good and very reasonable and the staff just make it special.

Thnaks to all the staff at the Edeard Moon and I do mean all.

West Country
“Just Great!”
Reviewed 28 December 2013

A really lovely restaurant. Food was great (lamb shank, duck platter & treacle tart to share), all staff so friendly & a great ambience. Would thoroughly recommend.

West Bromwich, United Kingdom
“Exellent staff”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Had a great meal here last saturday 21st dec and would highly recommend.
Looks small on the outside but is spacious and warm inside with very attentive staff.
The meals we ordered.lamb shank and steak. were delicious and plentiful, with a side dish of fresh mixed veg..all swilled down with house red and a tasty cheese board.
Not a cheap place to eat but still good value..and we will certainly be back.
Maitre 'd..a young black guy..is excellent..just what a good restaurant needs...well done

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Casual dining at its best”
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Sunday lunch prior to christmas and a family lunch to die for!! Went here on the off chance and boy we were glad we did, a great lunch time meal was enjoyed by us all, starters excellent mains delicious the turkey was exceptional and homemade puds washed down with a bottle of white just the job. Thank you edward moons and thank you chef one more place to note worth a return visit!!

Birmingham
“You don't get what you ask for!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Visited today while in Stratford for the Christmas market but was very disappointed with the mains, the menu states a turkey roast with sage & onion stuffing and all the trimmings, we got cranberry and orange stuffing which was vile and left an acidic tang on the meat, there were 3 roast potatoes each and a plate of carrots, cabbage and leeks to share between 3 people. I complained to the manager who I felt thought I was lieing and questioned me on the contents of the stuffing and only removed the childs meal and a few drinks from the bill. The starters and puds were perfect but never again and I don't recommend it. I usually eat at The Vintner around the corner and will continue to do so from now one, the proverbial grass was not greener I'm afraid.