“Ok”
Review of Edward Moon

Edward Moon
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

It was ok. Most places are fully booked prior to a show and so if you forget to book somewhere then that's fine.

1  Thank londonbongo

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Called in on spec early Friday evening
Got a table right at the back of the dining area - the naughty corner.
Food was above average
Drinks a big expensive
Service OK

1  Thank stevekathybithell
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Table of 5 on a Monday evening and the service received was wonderful. The menu was clear , easy to read and to everyone's taste.

It is simple to run a good restaurant for this many years - keep the food good and keep the service great. These guys do this to perfection !!

1  Thank Makelailie
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I'm not sure about this place being world famous, I have never heard of it!
Anyway, we visited on a Sunday evening and the restaurant was about two thirds full. The waiting staff were very efficient and pleasant. The food was OK other than the fact that the vegetables that accompanied our main course of slow roasted pork belly were cold. Also the broccoli must have had argument with the steamer or boiling water as it was basically raw. We pointed this out to our waitress who duly took the vegetables back to the kitchen to be blitzed in the microwave and out they came duly reheated. However the broccoli remained rock hard - don't get me wrong, I like my veggies all dente but this was ridiculous. Maybe the chef was having a night off.
All in all the food was OK but I'm not sure I would go back if they can't cook vegetables correctly.

1  Thank alannsarah
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We went to this restaurant on Saturday night. It was really busy and we had booked in advance to make sure we got a good table near the window.

The staff were really good and the main course I had was fine. Not fine dining but adequate and the salmon I ordered came with potatoes and vegetables.

However, I ordered the apple and almond tart for desert. The portion was that small I was unsure if it was actually on the plate. I have never seen anything so small! When I tasted it - it was awful the almond sponge was really heavy and had not risen properly when cooked.

My husband had the lemon and orange desert and again it was really really small. At least his tasted okay.

I complained to the waiter who was lovely and took it off the bill and gave us a free pot of tea.

However, I really think that they need to rethink the desert portions.