“Excellent cusine as usual”

Giggling Squid Warwick
Ranked #32 of 146 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Description: It took so long to open this Giggling Squid! We constantly had locals popping their heads around the door asking when we were going to open. It became an ongoing joke! One man mentioned to my husband that it had nearly been a whole year; we didn’t want to tell him it had actually been a year & a half! We all love Warwick, it’s such a beautiful warren of a building. The basement is probably my favourite bit. We literally had to dig it out! It’s totally unrecognisable now. I don’t think I want to say much more. You’ll need to see it for yourself!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Coming from Brighton where the first resturant open the Warwick resturant more than lived up to the high standard demanded by the chain owners . staff were very attentive without being over bearing . The layout created space meaning customers were not close to other .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We came across this place whilst looking for a veggie friendly eatery and have been back a further three times in as many weeks. The service is delightful, can feel a little rushed during busy periods but nothing short of sincere and attentive.

We chose the vegetable Thai red curry and the flavours were truly out of this world. Good sized portions with lots of flavour. The ambiance is beautiful like a little paradise with delicate decor and lots of flowers.

We would not hesitate to recommend this place for flavoursome vegetarian dishes and a welcoming atmosphere. Parking is not great so keep this in mind when booking and give yourself time to park.

Also a good Sunday lunch option with tasty meals from as little as £7.95. We will definitely visit again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We called in on the off chance after stopping in Warwick for a wander.
We were greeted warmly by the staff, loved the decor inside and the menu, not just for its variety but also for the way it’s written.
Food was really tasty. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here whilst in Warwick for a short break. I was impressed with my meal and found it to be very fresh and tasty- wish l could cook Thai food like this! The jasmine tea l had for after my meal was so delicious and probably the best tea I've had in a long long while.
Staff were friendly and courteous, prices very reasonable. Would recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Felt like a good meal after a day at the Races. Thai sounded good to me and the reviews on Giggling Squid were hopeful. Unfortunately, my meal turned out to be a disappointment.

Let me start with the drinks. They are way overpriced. 4 pounds for a small bottle of beer did not start things off well. The menu reads like a train and gets the appetite running.

My starter of Chili Beef was pretty good. Very spicy (I like that) and good flavours. Why there has to be half a lettuce under six slices of thinly cut beef is a faux pas in my book.

For mains, I choose the spicy Chicken stir-fry. Apparently a crowd favourite according to the menu. I ordered sticky rice as well. The stir-fry was bland and not spicy at all. Furthermore the number of green. yellow and red pepper overpowered the whole dish. It was everywhere. Probably on offer at the local Sainsbury's. A shame because those peppers don't taste like much at all.

Service was also poor. The owner (at least I think it was) was my server. Automatic pilot. Not sincere and no warmth. Dishes came out within minutes. I felt like I was in the USA.

Finally a word on the bill. They add standard 10% tip. It says you can have it removed if you want. Again a faux pas in my book. If I want to tip I will act on it accordingly. Myself.

30 pounds lighter I left quite unfulfilled.

GigglingSquid, Giggling Team at Giggling Squid Warwick, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Nakata,

I am sorry that you feel disappointed. Just to pick up on the dish you ordered, I believe you ordered the Sticky chicken stir fry, not spicy chicken stir fry, which would explain why you anticipated this dish being something that it is not. I am sorry that this confusion was caused.

The service in our restaurants should be as you expect, warm and sincere, I am sorry that this was not conveyed. This will be fed back to the team so that they can address this with the team.

We would like to thank you for your comments and will take them on board for review.
Best wishes.