“the best restaurant in the midlands bar none”
Review of Tailors Restaurant

Tailors Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 145 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Forget all those michelin stars and fancy premises - this is great food in nice surroundings at a price which you will not easily beat. Good wine list to compliment a small but carefully planned menu which concentrates on real food cooked to your tastes rather than a large menu with too much choice. All set in the delightful surroundings of the market place in Warwick with a good selection of pubs nearby to wet your pre-dinner appetite. In my view you'd be missing out if you fail to try this little gem.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

Based on the reviews on TA we booked this as a birthday treat. We were not let down, excellent food, very personable service and a relaxed atmosphere. We tried the taster menu and enjoyed every morsel. Everything was so delicious and look amazing on the plate – definitely Michelin standard. Outstanding savoury dishes on our menu were the smoked chicken and the beef dishes but the ‘Black Forest’ dessert stole the show – we preferred it to Heston’s version.

The staff were friendly, helpful, able to advise on wines and had good knowledge of the ingredients in the various dishes.

Booking is essential as the restaurant itself is quite small and with the high standard of food at relatively a reasonable price I can see it will be hard to get a seat here soon.

Very highly recommended – we will certainly be returning.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

You must book ahead as this place is small and popular.

A creative menu with a small but perfectly formed wine list, all very reasonably priced, with great service.

The quality of food is outstanding. A real gem.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I'm back home, and with a glass in hand I feel compelled to write a review. We dine out more often than we cook at home but I do not offer praise lightly or often and I certainly don't take time out to write reviews. Some would even say I'm 'picky' ....On this occasion it has to be done though.

I'm torn between the chap front of house or the Chef on which to heap praise first. Lets start with Chef, who is clearly bonkers and perhaps has a degree in Chemistry? His menu seems simple at first glance but don't let that fool you. Its like picking up a copy of 'Spot the Dog' only to find 'Playboy' on the inside. I would normally only expect that degree of creativity from Heston after several glasses of something outlawed in most countries possibly drunk to excess in the sun. The presentation would put Michelin star Chefs to shame; and the taste, well you simply have to try it. I'm not eloquent enough to do it justice. Think Amuse bouche based on tacos with guacamole, Spaghetti made from Parmesan using copper pipes, ice and a Bunsen burner and pork ribs that weren't actually pork ribs and you start to get a feel for things.

And now for the front of house, who is also an owner along with the Chef.
Please don't think this is first or second place, they are both on a par with each other and he simply adds to all that Chef is doing. A charming chap (Also a chef) who has time for all his guests and had no qualms in explaining to us both how the dishes were created (If you do go you will understand what I mean about a chemistry degree) and has the ease of someone who simply loves what he does (He is also bloody good at it too!).

In summary, go there. I know we will be back.

1  Thank JGPS67
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I went here for lunch on a Saturday with friends. 2 courses with a glass of wine for £15 each.....the food was tasty, top quality and delicious and the Chardonnay was also great. Service was good and the general ambience was lovely. I will definitely be back when I'm in the area! Excellent value.