“Great service, beautiful car. I can thorougly recommend”
Review of The Open Road

The Open Road
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from a range of classic car tours around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds: Arden Tour, Edgehill Tour, Stoneleigh Tour, Stour Tour and our ultimate tour - 125 mile Test Hills Run.
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great service, beautiful car. I can thorougly recommend”
Reviewed 29 August 2011

I hired the Open Road's 66/67 Ford Mustang and was not disappointed. My partner was thoroughly overjoyed with the driving day and the proposal didn't go too badly either!
Tony was both friendly and professional and miraculously fit us in with short notice Great service, beautiful car, I would thoroughly recommend.

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Ann S

Scot in England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“great day out - superb organisation by the providers”
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Re-living old times? Hankering after a past experience? Maybe simply wondering how things used to be... Give this a go!! Superb classic cars (I had the pleasure of a Triumph Stag for the day) - its easy to forget the joys of having to actually think about driving ... although the Stag did have "power steering" (of a sort!!) its good old Servo Brakes - without ABS (don't brake in the corners.... ), a rumbling, powerful V8, gear change thats a bit like stirring porridge... great fun.
Not know where to visit - noworries, Tony and Elaine will give you suggested routes through the lovely local countryside. Also - let them provide a picnic lunch .. superb!!
A great value day out... and a very professional couple providing it -- enjoy!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank scottishman2
Tamworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“dad's dream car..fantastic”
Reviewed 28 June 2011

we had an absolutely amazing day out in the 1960's ford mustang fastback which we had hired as a suprise for my dads retirement day, it has always been his dream car and to see the excitement on his face was fantastic, the service from tony was spot on and very informative, very pleasant experience and we will definately be recommending the open road to others and hope to use them again in the future, thanks guys

Visited June 2011
1 Thank 1972janeb
Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Car hire with a traditional twist”
Reviewed 1 June 2011

The Open Road hires a selection of classic cars to the public. We chose a Triumph TR4A for the day and covered may miles exploring Warwickshire and Worcestershire countryside. The TR4A was close to original specification with a few modern tweaks for reliability. Tony the owner was helpful before and on collecting the car.

Visited May 2011
1 Thank iveaghc
Middle England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A splendid day in an E Type Jag”
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I had been mucked around by some other classic car hire operations and found The Open Road on an internet trawl. Very professional operation, and the car was brilliant. I will not bore you with the details, but the day was all I wanted, the car was in fine fettle, and I had a gripper of a day.

Visited May 2011