“1974 Tr6 hire”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Open Road

The Open Road
Ranked #1 of 7 Tours in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from a range of classic car tours around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds: Arden Tour, Edgehill Tour, Stoneleigh Tour, Stour Tour and our ultimate tour - 125 mile Test Hills Run.
Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1974 Tr6 hire”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

I hired a TR6 from The Open Road for my husbands 40th birthday. I had booked with another company, but they let me down days before the event. The Open Road offered me the TR6 and quickly sorted all the paperwork so that everything was ready in time. The car was in great condition and was very popular with adults and children alike. What was especially good was the fact that there was no mileage limit, unlike most of the other companies who restrict you to 100 miles or so. Thoroughly recommended! Catherine

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Catherine A

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very friendly, accommodating and warm, highly recommended! We got the Austin Healey 3000 and it was such an experience. Difficult at first, but a joy then, especially thanks to Tony's kind and patient teaching.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank PierreManes
TheOpenRoadWarwick, Owner at The Open Road, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Glad you had a good weekend with both the Austin Healey and Antony and Cleopatra.
Manchester
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Stunning 1965 Ford Mustang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2013

I recently hired a 1965 Ford Mustang coupe for 4 days over my wedding weekend. I wanted something different/unusual for my wedding car and, The Open Road had it. Amongst a range of fantastic classic cars.

The booking process was very easy and Tony was on hand, via Phone or email answering any questions I had. Their base (for this car) in Warwickshire was easy to find, being just off the motorway. Picking up the car was a relaxed experience, Tony takes you round the car inside and out explaining all the different features. Then, a quick test drive to familiarise yourself with the different aspects of driving it. No power steering, no power assisted breaks, a little strange at first but, just takes a few moments for you to think ahead in your driving. A word of caution (though hugely minor in the scheme of things!) plan your driving! The car does 12mpg and can empty it's tank very quickly!

The car, wow, what a car! It looks fantastic and sounds awesome. You really don't need th cd player when you have a 4.9ltr v8 soundtrack on hand! The whole car shakes at idle with the big v8 rumbles up front. When you use your right foot it's like unleashing thunder!

The car more or less stole the show on the big day, so many of our guests were taking pictures, making comments about the car. After our wedding service I only saw fit to pull away from church in loud manner! You know, for the benefit of our guests of course!!

I truly couldnt have wished for a better car for our wedding, I am only sad I do not own one myself! I have truly been spoilt for the rest of my car owning life! Thank you Tony and thank you The Open Road!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank coyotes_uk
TheOpenRoadWarwick, Owner at The Open Road, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Thanks for a wonderful review. I would hope it was actually the bride who stole the show and would be happy for our Mustang to come second. I do understand the need to entertain the guests, the Mustang does attract a lot of attention.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"OH MY GOD!!!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

...forget ABS and power steering, this is real driving!
I had a fabulous 4 day birthday hire in the 1965 Mustang Convertible. Thanks to Tony's calm and easy handover she was a dream to drive, even around villages. And when you do put your foot down she really did shift! Respect is needed though with the drum brakes.
Fabulous time had by us both, thank you so much. Life is that little bit sweeter after hearing that V8.
...And we even took the lid down in October!!
Clare

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Clare400
Balfron, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An amazing surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

My fiancé hired The Open Road's bright red Ford Mustang Fastback as a surprise 30th birthday present for me. The car was a dream to drive thanks to the instruction handover given by Tony at the start of the day, everything went smoothly as we toured around the beautiful Cotswolds scenery for hours. The information pack filled with details about the Mustang itself and maps with many highlighted routes helped us to choose our day trip and feel comfortable enough to know that should anything go wrong we wouldn't be up the creek without a paddle - not that anything did go wrong, the car ran like it was new and we managed to not get lost! We really couldn't fault the service from The Open Road, they made my dream of having my own Mustang a reality, even if it was just for one day.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank AmyJax83
TheOpenRoadWarwick, Owner at The Open Road, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
I am glad you had such a good day and well done to Jason for getting you here as a complete surprise with you knowing absolutely nothing about it until you came through our gate. Normally it is the ladies that organised the surprises for their husbands / partners. The men are normally rubbish at keeping secrets.

I enjoyed seeing the look on your face as we explained the plan for the day.