“E-Type hire”
Review of The Open Road

The Open Road
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Warwick
More attraction details
Owner description: Choose from a range of classic car tours around South Warwickshire and The Cotswolds: Arden Tour, Edgehill Tour, Stoneleigh Tour, Stour Tour and our ultimate tour - 125 mile Test Hills Run.
“E-Type hire”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I hired their E-Type for a weekend of driving in the Cotswolds. What a fantastic experience! As an American driving in the UK for the first time, Tony was very helpful in answering all my questions and making sure I had all the info I needed. He even picked me up from the train station on the day of my hire. That leads us to the car. Simply amazing! The car was in impeccable condition and drove wonderfully. This car really turns heads. I got numerous compliments and waves along the way. I highly recommend hiring this car from The Open Road.

Visited July 2014

Stockport, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Cotswolds in an E-Type Jag”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

My fab wife organised me to have an E-Type Jag for a day from Tony. We arrived at Tony's and he showed me round the very smart E-Type, he took me on a short familiarisation drive and then my wife and I were off for the day driving round the Cotswolds, roof down taking in the scenery and that lovely Jag engine note.
Very efficient service, very nice guy and certainly loves his classics. We had a brilliant day and the car was faultless. Would recommend without hesitation.

Visited July 2014
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Austin Healey hire”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

My booking with Tony to hire the Austin Healey was made as a surprise for my wife and was managed by Tony very professionally and discreetly. It was obvious even at this early stage that Tony has been in the business of hiring classic cars for many years.
On the day of the hire Tony explained every thing about the car and went for a short drive with my wife driving, just to make sure that she was comfortable with everything.
The car was absolutely beautiful and didn't put a foot wrong the whole day and we were fortunate enough to have the roof of for all but 10 minutes of our day.
The hire time was from 9am until 8pm, but best of all there is no milage limit.
We had a wonderful day driving around beautiful countryside in a stunning car, if you have ever considered hiring a classic car both my wife and myself would strongly recommend Tony (he has quite a collection) a five star service run by a enthusiasts who has thought of everything to make your day or days very special.
Regards Janice & Mark

Northampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“1974 Tr6 hire”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I hired a TR6 from The Open Road for my husbands 40th birthday. I had booked with another company, but they let me down days before the event. The Open Road offered me the TR6 and quickly sorted all the paperwork so that everything was ready in time. The car was in great condition and was very popular with adults and children alike. What was especially good was the fact that there was no mileage limit, unlike most of the other companies who restrict you to 100 miles or so. Thoroughly recommended! Catherine

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Catherine A
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Very friendly, accommodating and warm, highly recommended! We got the Austin Healey 3000 and it was such an experience. Difficult at first, but a joy then, especially thanks to Tony's kind and patient teaching.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank PierreManes
TheOpenRoadWarwick, Owner at The Open Road, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Glad you had a good weekend with both the Austin Healey and Antony and Cleopatra.