“Lovely”
Review of Giovanni's Restaurant - CLOSED

Giovanni's Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I had the fish - it was well cooked and came with potatoes and organic veg grown in the garden; my partner had spaghetti bolognese. Both meals were fresh and well cooked - the bill was reasonable - we recommend this restaurant.

Visited August 2014

Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good traditional family run”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had such a good evening at Giovanni's
A warm welcome , a traditional Italian menu and good well cooked Italian food
Good value for money

1 Thank jacqueline57
Coventry, United Kingdom
“great authentic italian restaurant”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Popped in here on the off chance as hadn't booked a table due to only being in warwick for a concert at the castle .....was really impressed food was delicious have been to lots of Italian restaurants over the years but this was by far the best... felt like I was actually back on my holidays with the decor staff and food all genuine Italian feel.....has the selection of meats to share with my partner which was absolutely delicious and huge and we tried the classics spaghetti Bolognese mine was so big couldn't finish and was unable to have a dessert even tho I wanted to as they looks sublime and lasagne and garlic bread was to just like mamma used to make...would recommend and would definitely go back when in warwick .

1 Thank Nicholam1973
“Great food, although comes with price tag”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I’d been meaning to try here for a while, but had been put off previously as it always looked empty when I walked past and didn’t want to eat alone in an empty restaurant (I’m on business). However I had company on this occasion so thought I’d give it a go.

For starter I chose an aubergine in tomato sauce dish which had been recommended and it didn’t disappoint. For main I chose the steak with pepper/red wine sauce, which again went down a treat with very little ‘wastage’ (normally there are some funny bits which are left / trimmed away so this must have been high quality meat).

Desserts, I understand, are normally out on display, but as it was a quiet night they had been kept out back. I went for the limoncello cheesecake and it was absolutely gorgeous. The lady / owner / mother came up to me whilst I was eating it to say it was handmade by her just that morning.

Service throughout was very pleasant and attentive, but without being over the top. I assume it's a family run restaurant and has that feel to it. We were definitely made to feel very welcome.

Cost-wise, this was relatively high coming in at around £60 (pre-tip) for the two of us. Maybe not that bad for three courses, but relative to all the other establishments it was expensive. That said, I’d definitely be back one day if I fancy treating myself as the food was really good.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank MJA2
Warwick
“Good Food”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The place we were planning to go to this evening was set out for a big party so we decided to look elsewhere. We ended up here. Despite living in Warwick for many years, this was our first visit here. The mood was relaxed, the food freshly prepared and tasty. We found out later that some of the vegetables come from the owners' allotment. There are cheaper Italian restaurants but we were very happy with the food and ambience here. We'll certainly be back.

1 Thank fitzsimons