I stay at this hotel at least twice a year, so I'm well placed to review it. I've updated it this trip, for the few reasons below. I've also copied one of my reviews below, with more detail.
This hotel is still great value for money and a perfect location for Stratford and Warwick, especially the castle which is close. The breakfast is an added bonus, plus overall the rooms are still in good order. Some new things to note, that aren't in my original reviews:
- priority club members now pay for parking. I was told that we now get a drink or 300 points... Mmhh not convinced. I had free parking and points, so I don't buy that. But be aware.
- wifi is better now, works and decent speed.
- TV channels have improved, lots more
- breakfast on Sunday. I think HI express needs to rethink the 7.30am start, it's 6.30 all week. It causes mayhem and a mad rush. Start at 6.30/7am, let people who are up (me!!) eat earlier.
- beds and pillows. I stay at lots of hotels with this brand making a big deal of mattress and pillows. I think these will need looking at at this HI express soon. It's sad, but on my top three of things I look for as a good nights sleep is key. This time, both are looking and feeling more worn.
Old review copied below, we will be back again so nothing above is major, but will keep an eye on it over the next few stays. Overall, still well recommended hotel.
"Great value for money"
I've stayed at this hotel at least 12 times and honestly, can think of much wrong with it. I mean it's not 5 star, but it's good. The location is clearly NOT ideal if you want to be in a town or dont have a car. The hotel is in good order, plenty of seating downstairs and a cracking free breakfast. Again, remember it is FREE so don't expect something amazing. But as a family of four we have stayed and eaten many times. The staff are always good and helpful. The rooms are good, typical holiday inn express - clean and practical. There is a microwave, ideal if you have kids and don't want to eat out each night. Ideally located between Stratford and Warwick. Personally I've eaten the restaurant next door to the hotel a few times and won't again. It looks much better than it is...go to Warwick or Stratford, plenty to eat at each. there is much choice in either location. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will be back again later this year
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick Stratford-upon-Avon is 1.5 Miles from central Warwick. Holiday Inn Express is a mile from Warwick Castle and 6 from Stratford-upon-Avon. We're a 45-minute drive from Birmingham Airport and the Birmingham N.E.C. A buffet breakfast with hot and cold options is included in the price of your room. It's just 1.5 Miles to Warwick-based companies including IBM and Ford, and a 10-minute walk to Tournament Fields business park. Warwick Parkway train station is 2 miles away. Highlights of Warwick town centre include Warwick Racecourse and shops and restaurants. Nearby Stratford is Shakespeare's birthplace and home to the Royal Shakespeare Company and many historic attractions. Holiday Inn Express Warwick's bar is a relaxed spot to mingle over drinks, watch live sport on the large TV screens and enjoy free WiFi. Our comfortable guest rooms are non-smoking and have a 32-inch flat screen TV, free WiFi and double or triple-glazed windows and a choice of pillows. Car parking is available for £3.50 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon Hotel Warwick
- Holiday Inn Warwick
- Warwick Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon Warwickshire