“Lovely hotel”

Honiley Court Hotel
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night on a coach trip to Warwick Castle .It was exceptionally good value so we weren't expecting much from the hotel and we were surprised at how good it was.
From the outside its lovely and our room was big, very clean , comfortable and had plenty of tea coffee even biscuits.
We had three choices of starter, main and dessert and all were good. If I had to pick on something it would be that the drinks were quite pricey and that coach trips had to sit in a certain dining room albeit a very nice dining room.
We had a great nights sleep with no noise and breakfast was a help yourself buffet with loads to choose from. The staff were helpful and friendly.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank cleveleystravellers

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We travelled here as part of a coach trip and were greatly surprised as struggled to book a room for 2 adults and 2 children through our tour operator, so thought the rooms might be on the small side, however, we had a fab super king bed and a double sofa bed, there was plenty of room! Room and hotel lovely and clean, evening meal and breakfast were lovely. There was a nice area at the bar where we could all sit and chat on nice, comfy chairs. Everything we needed was in the room: TV, tea and coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, safety deposit box and toiletries in the bathroom. Hotel was ideally located for Warwick and Coventry.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Lovely place good service. Went as part of a coach trip. Hootel were fine very clean. Only complaint were at eveninng meal we all had to wait till everyone had finished before they served the next course so the meal tuk 1 hr and 40 mins breakfast was better just help yourself

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed here as part of a coach tour. The rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable and reception staff were helpful. It was let down by the restaurant. We paid £20 for a 3 course meal. The starter was ok with average presentation. There was a choice of only 3 for main course, pasta with mediterranean sauce, salmon or chicken with cafe au lait sauce. I was dubious about the sauce being made of coffee but actually it was very nice. Presentation was poor. A piece of chicken some boiled potatoes and a piece of broccoli, cauliflower and 7 sliced carrots on a plate with some sauce. My friend asked for some extra sauce and was charged £8.50!!! for this one jug of extra sauce!! £8.50!! When I questioned it she said that was the price but later the waitress refunded the money so be vigilant and if you are charged this COMPLAIN and get your money back. In all of this we never did get the change from our payment.
That was mild compared with the chaos that reigned at breakfast the next morning! We were asked to come to breakfast at 8 but there were clearly not enough staff to cope. When we asked to be seated as a party of 5, this was far too difficult as it had been the evening before. Worse was to come. When we asked for some coffee, the lady said she couldn't get us any because she only had little legs! They ran out of bacon and I gave up trying to get toast. The poor staff were inundated.
Result: go to the hotel but don't eat there. It is poor value, unhelpful and disorganised.
The rating is good for the hotel but poor for the restaurant= average overall.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Just had 4 nights staying at the hotel. Booking made online and straightforward. As we were helping organise an event nearby which meant a couple of early starts I enquired before our stay by email about the possibility of early breakfast as my husband is diabetic and was assured that this was possible but as the kitchen did not open till 7 it would be a continental breakfast this was perfectly acceptable.

Room clean and large, bed huge and comfortable, bathroom spotless, told reception we had a light bulb out and it was sorted immediately. Road noisy but quite need down and as up early away before got noisy, rooms very warm.
Ate in the restaurant a couple of nights and had very nice meals including a couple of excellent steaks, wine expensive.
Staff pleasant and very helpful all in all very good until the last day which was to be the Sunday. Saturday evening I asked what time Sunday breakfast was and if it was at the same time as the other days ie 7am and was told it was not available till 8 am. I explained to the receptionist we had to be away for 7.30 could we possibly have a continental breakfast before we left explaining once again my husband is diabetic and needs to eat. The lady was most helpful and asked what we would like so tea, coffee, toast and cereal were ordered , then offered the luxury of it delivered to our room, room number given and we were assured it would be delivered at 7. Breakfast never arrived, we waited 10 minutes and went down to reception to start checking out and ask where it had gone to be met with total indifference. Reception staff had changed no one knew or cared anything about it, shoulders were shrugged, other staff members were asked but walked on by so we paid and left.
It spoilt what had otherwise been a pleasant stay. Running a hotel is supposed to be part of the service industry, we spent hundreds of pounds for 4 nights B and B but unfortunately even after informing them of our timetable they seemed unwilling to provide us with something as simple as a slice of toast on the two early mornings we had. Plenty of staff around, toaster was there but no one willing to even switch it on.
So if you can fit in around their timetable fine but do not expect them to try to help you even when before arriving you have ensured they know your requirements and they have assured you they can comply with your needs.
Will not be returning.

Room Tip: Ask or a room away from the busy road and do not expect early breakfast
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Norrie L
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We booked a 1 night stay for 16 Oct 2013 through "hotel club" and paid for it at the time of booking. Though the hotel was ok, a bit tired but suitable for what we required, I found after I returned home that I had paid for the room twice. My fault as I did not check my card bill when I settled up for extras, meals, drinks etc:
When I realised I had paid for the room twice I contacted the hotel and was told I needed to send an email, with supporting documents and they would refund the overpayment. This I did but heard nothing. After 3 weeks I emailed again but have still not had the courtesy of a reply.
I am now chasing them through "hotel club" but consider this hotel to be failing completely in customer service. They have effectively stolen money from me and cannot be bothered to even acknowledge my emails.
They are con merchants, you have been warned

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Steve G, General Manager at Honiley Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Brent 058,

I was very sorry to hear that the hotel let you down when it came to the billing part of your stay. Additionally, I apologise for the lack of correspondence in the matter which was quite unacceptable. I have investigated the matter with the hotel manager and he assures me that the lack of response was administrative error. The hotel will process the refund for the accommodation element twice billed, but this needs to be done on the telephone to protect your card security and we are contacting you now to arrange this. However, to suggest that the hotel is owned or operated by con merchants is inaccurate, and misleading to other Tripadvisor users. We aim to provide a happy and enjoyable hotel experience, and only expect customers to pay once!

Steve Guttridge

Area Manager

Licensed Solutions Ltd

Reviewed 11 November 2013

First Holiday/Break for a long time. Birthday week for me. We found this Hotel at a very good price for 3 nights. Good buffet breakfast included. Evening 3 course meal extra. all food exceptional.

Ensuite room with a bed so big that you need a satnav to find each other.

Room cleaned and tidied everyday while we were out.

Close to Warwick, Leamington Spa and Stratford.

Looking forward to another visit in the Summer.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms good for disabled access.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple