“Excellent value & service”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed on a Saturday night with 2 friends. On arrival at 11.00 a.m. our rooms (adjoining) weren't ready, but the receptionist gave us a welcome pack with a lot of hotel & local information, took charge of our luggage while we had a coffee in the bar. She soon arrived back to say 1 of the rooms was ready and that our luggage had been delivered for us. We went to the room which was a large double. Very well appointed, clean with ample toiletry supplies if required. We drove to Warwick (only 10 mins away) for some retail therapy. Parking in Barrack Street was ground floor & £2 for 3 hours. We arrived back after lunch and the second room, a twin, was available. Slightly smaller than the double, but adequate for our needs & excellent to have a connecting door. We had a swim & steam room although had to wait a few minutes to go in due to health & safety because the pool was at capacity numbers. However, the attendant was extremely polite and efficient. We took our own food provisions & ate supper in our room(s). Next morning we had a hearty breakfast from a vast choice of good quality food with good service. We checked out & had our invoice split three ways & each paid by card. We had advice about parking in Leamington Spa from a receptionist & left with no hassle & free weekend parking. All in all a wonderful weekend at an excellent hotel which is close to Warwick, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth & Stratford. We'll definitely be going back!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MoP3
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear MoP3

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and how well our staff looked after.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Didn't eat, didn't fancy the menu. Looked overpriced for what was on offer.
No cask ale on offer.
Jumped in a taxi, which was £7 into town.
Plenty of choice for eating and drinking.

Hotel wifi is a joke. Free access only in the bar/public areas. Dog slow, and keeps dropping in and out. If you want the privilege of wifi in the room that will be another £15 thanks.

I will try elsewhere next time.

1  Thank katanaismybike
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Dear katanaismybike

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor.

I was concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

Brilliant location for my business trip- junc 15 off the M40. Great price, and good stay except the mattress was so hard I ended up trying to sleep on pillows an din the bed side chair. Small swimming pool and gym. very good breakfast, and good Costa on site.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jill Y

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you found the location ideal for your stay with us and how much you enjoyed the Hilton breakfast, which we score very highly on.

We take on board all feedback and your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed one night to break our journey the room was ok but the bathroom was very small and very poorly cleaned loads of hairs(not ours) in the bath and sink even the toilet was suspect... The service in the bar was poor and you had to look around to find someone to serve you...although the hotel is located just off the M40 felt more like a cheap motel than a Hilton....our room was freezing and the heating was hard to regulate....although we are Hilton fans and diamond card holders who travel the world we are seeing a trend in the Hilton group that is a concern...quality and service is very hit and miss especially in Europe......come on Hilton get your act together....quality and services is paramount to loyalty!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate S
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Kate S

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

A return visit to the Warwick Hilton and my stay was comfortable and hotel staff very helpful. Breakfast standards have remained very high and I enjoyed a great start to my day. My only slight disappointment was that my room was near to the lifts and fellow guests were somewhat inconsiderate as they returned to their rooms around 2am - which resulted in my sleep being disturbed. When I stay there again I will ask for a room in a quieter location.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear David W

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Standard Hilton, just off the M40 exit to Warwick & Stratford...fast check in and friendly welcome.
Rooms are the usual standard and size you will find in the Hilton hotels located off motorways and some city centres...bathrooms are very small with shower over a small tub. Standard of cleanliness was not great and the surface of the toilet cistern looked like it could do with a good clean as there were several ominous looking hairs adhering to it!
Bed was comfortable and a good nights sleep and overlooked the canal at the rear of the hotel.
Ate in the bar, service a bit slow and although it was a quiet night took some 15 minutes after reading the menu to catch someone's eye to take an order for food and drink. Fish and chips was ok, served hot and a good sized portion....presented a voucher from the hotel for a glass of wine but was told only selection I could have was the house plonk so that was declined as it would not be my choice!
Breakfast was standard Hilton fare, buffet with a reasonable hot selection....
Will use again as handy for visiting relatives in the area .....

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExpatKL88

Dear ExpatKL88

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

Myself and my partner stayed here as part of a book & stay type deal with Warwick Castle. We would normally not have chosen a Hilton as we're not particularly fussy and would rather something a little more budget friendly, however, it was in fact cheaper to book our castle tickets with this hotel than it was to book the Holiday Inn across the road. The hotel itself is lovely, very clean, tidy and well presented. The indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room were a fantastic feature and we thoroughly enjoyed using these. As expected prices for sandwiches/baguettes/salads were really quite high(£6-12), 1L glass bottle of water in room was £4.95, drinks machine around the corner from our room was £1.50 for a 500ml bottle of coke/sprite etc and to dine in the hotels restaurant was also pricey, but dining here is obviously at your discretion, as we didn't want to spend a huge amount we went elsewhere for tea on the two nights we stayed but our breakfast was included. Breakfast was good, but certainly not the quality I'd expected from a Hilton and based on the price you would pay if this was not included in your stay it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. It was buffet style - which is fine by me! But basically unmanned, on the two mornings we ate here we only saw 2 members of staff on the second morning and none on the first, beans were lukewarm and had obviously be sat in the pot for a little while before we came to eat. No complaints with selection of food available but I expected food to be hotter and for quality to be higher for a hotel like this.
Room had a lovely, big, comfy bed. Feather pillows and feather quilt which were lovely, however, on ground floor so windows only open about 2 inches for security purposes so we were absolutely boiling! Cleaners in the morning were playing music on their phones which I thought was a little unprofessional but none the less they were good at their jobs. Walls must be somewhat thin too as we could hear everything in the corridor and rooms either side of us. I would say that this hotel is probably more aimed at the business traveller, and if your company is paying for it then I'm sure prices would be no issue at all!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear KatieLou23

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I am pleased to ready that you generally enjoyed yuor stay.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.