“always great "but this time wasn,t" upps.....”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 30 March 2014

my daughter booked me and my wife a room here again and was looking forward to staying ,,
on arrival loaded with our over night luggage we entered reception ready to pay ,,
the very nice lady behind the counter politely told us it hadn,t been booked for some error or so,,,
amazed and shocked wondering why ,then came from the back ground the manager with a french accent he was very abruped and rude...thats being polite from me !!!!.
with no where to go that night we had to walk back out loaded with our luggage to go looking
for some overnight stay which we did eventually get ,,,,,can not for the life of me undestand WHY the manager didn,t try to help or reason in anyway!!!!
as a hilton honours customers we are very surprsed the way we were treated..!!!
i now am wondering weather to laps my honours card and spend my money at another
hotel that value my custom,,,,,,,,shame,,,,,!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear gazza21_11

Further to your review on Trip Advisor, I have emailed you directly confirming that we are investigating the matter and I will be in touch directly with you again this week.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip @ 109 GBP / night. Compared to other hotels in this area I stayed before this is too expensive. The room has everything you need for a short stay, but at the same is nothing special. Relatively small. Also the dinner we had in the hotel restaurant was overpriced compared to food quality. Just 1 hour of free Wi-Fi in the room, which is another demerit. Breakfast was good. But there is one thing that stands out from all the mediocrity: the hotel staff I dealt with is clearly 5 stars! My personal highlight was something rather small: the hotel bar serves Murphy's stout which I had never before and found it very tasty.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Katerie

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent location just off the M40. Room clean and had everything you needed. Food and service both great - had both breakfast buffet and dinner here. Only downside is having to pay for wifi - which is extortionate!!

Room Tip: Check emails before arriving - expensive (not free!) wifi!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Andrew S

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband had booked this hotel as he was running in the half marathon. Myself and our 21month old daughter decided we would accompany him a few days before he was due to arrive so he rang ahead to see what bedroom arrangements they had as we ideally wanted a room with separate lounge area so we had somewhere to sit while our daughter was in bed instead of us all being in one room, they advised we could have adjoining rooms for only an extra £34.50. This was ideal for our situation and great value. We arrived at the hotel at midday and we were allowed to check in straight away and free of charge whereas it does state from 3pm, while checking in the receptionist advised they had placed us near the function room for a wedding party that night and arranged for our rooms to be changed without us needing to request it which I thought was excellent service and had this not have been picked up our experience could have been very different. We used the hotel pool twice and it was clean and warm with complementary bath towels. My daughter and I made use of the breakfast which had a great variety of buffét items. We would definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. Thank you for a lovely weekend.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lucy H

Thank you for your response here on Trip Advisor.

I was so delighted to read the comments and that we exceeded your expectations during your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is a very good venue for a weekend away. We met friends here as it is halfway between our respective houses! Good comfortable rooms,clean and well appointed. Reception was excellent with helpful and welcoming staff. A good start. We had the evening buffet meal. Good selection of starters from the display followed by hot selection. This was mixed in quality. The braised steak was good but the sea bass doesn't really suit a buffet and the fish looked a bit tired as the evening wore on, might have been better to do this to order but I suppose that defeats the object. Good selection of desserts which were refreshed happily on request. The house wine is overpriced averaging £25 a pop! Keeping to the food theme,the breakfast was really good. Some of these breakfast buffets leave a lot to be desired but this one was one of the better ones we have encountered with a resident chef cooking fresh eggs. All the food is kept covered which helps. Good selection of fruits,cooked meats and cheeses. Parking is free at the weekend,the leisure facilities were well appointed. This hotel has very obliging and efficient multi national staff and is the stronger for it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PaulJ010

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I was very pleased indeed to read your comments and how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Hotel staff were welcoming and gave me a warm feeling as a conference guest. Conference facilities were convenient with fast and smooth service. Nice rooms with a fresh bathroom and a very comfortable bed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Ok so the room was tired and needed a refresh but it was spotlessly clean. Service in all areas - reception, bar, restaurant was exemplary. Our group had the carvery service for dinner and it was wonderful, especially the range of choice and the beef was medium cooked, delicious! Would definitely use the hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear AllisonBrett

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read the comments on how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.