“Incredible weekend at my sisters wedding”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are fantastic! Everybody was beyond helpful the whole weekend, nothing was too much trouble! The whole family had an amazing weekend. We were really looked after well! Andy the master of ceremonies was incredible, so nice to have everything taken care of with no faffing! The food was really good and the rooms were well presented and nice and clean. All in all a fantastic hotel, my only query would be that some of the rooms need a slight update. The pool and spa facilities were also fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear CharlyDowling

Thank you for your fantastic review here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and your wedding day was everything you hoped for.

Hilton Warwick would like to wish you both very best wishes and congratulations for the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,655)

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here overnight to attend a meeting the following morning. The room was OK with a clean bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable enough.

The major issue was the absolute lack of mobile phone reception inside the room. That left me without any internet access on my phone unless I paid a rather expensive fee for WiFi. My colleague on a different mobile network also had no reception.

Without internet, I was left with the television as my only source of entertainment. There was not even a full range of Freeview channels and the in-house TV signal distribution was set to an awkward aspect ratio so that the sides of the picture were cut off from the screen. It also caused the picture to be rather grainy and blurred..... What's the point of having a flat panel HD screen then?

The worst thing about the stay was the carvery dinner in the restaurant.

The restaurant service was strange. The staff were polite but didn't seem to understand certain basics. They sat the three of us at a table for two by setting a place on the side of a small table. That was a minor issue compared to the food. Dry chicken, greasy and stodgy Yorkshire puddings, mushy uncrisp roast potatoes, tough beef. The only edible things weren't cooked or prepared on site - the smoked salmon and other cold cuts and the so-so bought-in cakes. The price for this dreadful meal? £22 per head or £18 if booked when checking in. Even a Toby Carvery would have better food and would have been better value.

Breakfast was much better with a nice range of the usual foods. The bar food was shockingly expensive with basic ham sandwiches priced at £8 or £9.

I won't be coming back here unless forced to do so for another meeting.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank travelone123

Deat travelone123

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I note the comments contained therein.

I was to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in other areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel Check-in was swift and pleasant. The room was tidy and clean, but the TV could have had the full free view channels package. The bathroom was a little tired for a Hilton, but it's not their 5* range. Overall a pleasant stay & convenient for Stratford upon Avon, Leamington Spar & Warwick.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BT3rd

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location ideal for visiting the local area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I hadn't stayed in a Hilton Hotek for over 10 years, so it was interesting to see that Hilton seem to had adopted charging for everything.

There are many comments about the car park - yes it is free for residents. We arrived ahead of a bus party, which seemed to be a stape source of business over the 3 days were stayed. The check-in staff were friendly, and the info sheet useful.

After a long day, we decided to eat in the bar at the hotel. This seemed a better choice than using the restaurant, although there was a discount of £5 per person if dinner was booked in advance. The choice of food was far better in the bar. The waiting staff were friendly and efficient. The food (Thai Red Curry, Duck Wraps with Salad) was excellent.

I had planned to use the leisure facilities. I quickly decided against the pool, which is visible from the corridor - it was full to bursting with children and parents - clearly a favourite Saturday morning venture. I had work to do, so the lack of free wi-fi was disappointing. The area where the hotel was situated was not in a 4G area, and I could only connect to 3G - outside. So I worked outside all day, making the most of the excellent weather.

On Sunday, we had breakfast, which was plentiful. The choice of food, including a full continental selection was great.

Again the pool was full of children, so we didn't have the opportunity to use the facilities.

The room was a little on the small size. The bathroom was tiny, and the shower was poor - either the head was full of scale or the water pressure was terrible - the shower was a trickle at best. My review title - everything is good at a price. Well the aircon didnt seem to work in the night, so I had to (reluctantly) open the bottle of water with a price tag of £3.95! Even the tag on the bottle reminds people to keep hydrated.....at that price I wonder how many do?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sharon C

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and also note your other comments. Hilton are proud of the service that we give our guests and we aim to look after all our guests needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Situated just off the motorway this hotel is placed well for easy access to various towns and attractions. The car park has a barrier and a ticket is issued for access in and out. This seems to be free for hotel residents but is payable for people using the hotel for one day (meetings etc). Check in was easy and friendly. The hotel seemed very busy with conference people and then a wedding was taking place on our second day. Easy access to rooms via lift but a longish walk to our room (231) and the corridor always smelled of cigarette smoke, which is not good. The room itself was basic but adequate- 2 single beds (fairly hard), table and chair, armchair, wardrobe, safe which was free (very good) but you needed to be very tall to actually see in it as up high in the wardrobe!! Tea and coffee facilities, with a nice kettle. A bottle of water was on the side and on inspection this would be charged at £3.50!!! (Did not know water was such an expensive commodity in Staffordshire). The same prices extended to the food with a bowl of soup being around £6. We chose to go to the supermarket and get meal deals for £3. Food and drink prices definitely need to be lowered as extortionate. The best thing about this hotel was the swimming pool, sauna and steam room. On the first of our 3 nights we went down at 6pm and a man with 2 children was just leaving giving us the whole space to ourselves for 45 minutes which was great. The changing rooms were clean and warm, have lockers which take £1 coins (refundable) but need some private cubicles though to accommodate the people who do not like to parade around naked. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Overall an adequate stay but do not expect to eat or drink here unless you have won the lottery!

1  Thank ELAINE B
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Elaine B

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed there for a night after going to Warwick races because it was handy.
Its a large hotel with good facilities pool ect.
We had a meal in the evening in the restaurant and that was good value but drinks were expensive.
Wifi is only in lobby area these days it should be available throughout at no charge.
The room was a little on small side no fridge and minimal tea /coffee milk provided.
Generally the hotel needs a make over as it looks tired.
Service was good as was breakfast before departure.

1  Thank RandBCheshire

Dear RandBCheshire

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note the comments therein and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We booked this hotel by mistake thinking it was in Stratford on Avon, it is 15 minutes drive away!
Having said that on what must be said to have been a quiet weekend at the hotel we had first class service from all of the staff. Our room was in good decorative order and spotlessly clean and had a bath with a good powerful shower. There was free parking and free wi-fi access. We did not take dinner in the hotel but the quality and choice of food at breakfast was better than I have encountered in many more expensive hotels.
The hotel is very close to the M40 but there was no traffic noise.
This is a very good stopping off point but, if you want to visit Stratford you might want to consider a hotel actually in that town.

Dear CavalierChesham

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I was very pleased to ready the comments contained therein.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.