“Useful location”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was an efficient and useful hotel because of it's location. We stayed here for practical reasons. I'm not sure I would stay here for a holiday. Staff were all kind and helpful. The rooms were clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable! It was relaxing to sit in the lounge for an evening drink. During the day, the lounge is used for informal business meetings.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Lisa H

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you found the location ideal and our team members were professional and friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel is a solid bet if your working in Warwick or nearby. I've stayed many times and always received a warm welcome. Food has improved over the last few months although it's still very expensive for what you get. The rooms are nearly all the same so I wouldn't recommend upgrading. Beds are so comfy it's unreal.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear BigMushy

Thank you for your review following your stay at Hilton Warwick and I am delighted to note how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Located next to M40, good for visitors to Stratford upon Avon and Warwick. Plentiful car paking , however management has failed to cut over hanging tress and renders some spaces unuseable, especially if you value your car.
The drains at the entrance are blocked and localised flooding over 6-8 inches was present, no great for disabled persons who need to be adjacent to the front door.

Reception staff helpful and polite and same for bar staff and restaurant, a mixture of local people and some from eastern Europe all you speak good English.

Rooms slightly dated but acceptable, food fair priced and discount vouchers can be purchased from reception, worth having!

Very good breakfast, everything and plentiful a good start for the day.

drinks were discounted 20% for whole weekend. Tip if you are having wine in restaurant, by it at the bar and save 20% then ask for it to be taken to your table. The restaurant till will not discount your drinks.

Good experience and and back again in 3 days time!

Room Tip: No real noise, lifts to all floors.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear JockLondon_England

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay, it is very much appreciated. I was pleased to read that you found the team polite and friendly and enjoyed with stay with us.

I have noted the additional comments within your review and have referred these on to my manager.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed for the weekend to celebrate my husband's 60th birthday. Luckily we paid only half price (£66 including breakfast) due to a Hilton weekend promotion we saw a few months ago and I'd have been very annoyed if I'd have had to pay full price. We've stayed in many Hiltons around the world and this one is clean and comfortable, but more motel style than what you'd normally expect from a Hilton. As usual, the wifi isn't free - in fact it's shockingly expensive and it's irritating that you can't get a mobile signal inside the hotel (I'm on 4g). I decided to upgrade to a club room for £25 per night which included wifi, water and nibbles. The room however seemed the same as non-upgraded ones so paying £25 per night for just 2 bottles of water, wifi and a tub of peanuts is excessive.

The room was clean with a comfortable bed but the pillows were far too soft. The bathroom was clean too but needs an upgrade now. As stated before, the shower pressure is poor. The TV was fine - all the usual Freeview channels plus Sky Sports and the window can be opened which I like to do.

We didn't use the pool but it seemed okay, not too busy during our stay. The breakfast is great - typical of Hilton, can't fault it. The bar prices are expensive as are the bar snacks. We didn't eat our evening meals in the hotel - too expensive and very little atmosphere so can't comment on that.

Hotel staff are friendly and efficient. We didn't have to pay for parking - I'd have been annoyed if we did. All in all we had a pleasant stay but this Hilton is not of the usual standard and the price you pay should reflect that.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mimlloyd

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I note the comments contained therein.

With regard to wifi usage, we are in the position of being able to offer a high speed secure internet service and being able to offer a line per guest rather than sharing as free internet means that several lines have to be shared by many guests.

I have referred the comments regarding the shower pressure and the tv signal to our Maintenance Department and rest assured we consistently checking our rooms to ensure all amenities are ready for our guests and apologise for the inconvenience during your stay.

Your loyalty is important to us and I do hope to welcome you back in the future to Hilton Warwick

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The staff at this hotel are fantastic! Everybody was beyond helpful the whole weekend, nothing was too much trouble! The whole family had an amazing weekend. We were really looked after well! Andy the master of ceremonies was incredible, so nice to have everything taken care of with no faffing! The food was really good and the rooms were well presented and nice and clean. All in all a fantastic hotel, my only query would be that some of the rooms need a slight update. The pool and spa facilities were also fantastic. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear CharlyDowling

Thank you for your fantastic review here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and your wedding day was everything you hoped for.

Hilton Warwick would like to wish you both very best wishes and congratulations for the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Stayed here overnight to attend a meeting the following morning. The room was OK with a clean bathroom. The bed and pillows were comfortable enough.

The major issue was the absolute lack of mobile phone reception inside the room. That left me without any internet access on my phone unless I paid a rather expensive fee for WiFi. My colleague on a different mobile network also had no reception.

Without internet, I was left with the television as my only source of entertainment. There was not even a full range of Freeview channels and the in-house TV signal distribution was set to an awkward aspect ratio so that the sides of the picture were cut off from the screen. It also caused the picture to be rather grainy and blurred..... What's the point of having a flat panel HD screen then?

The worst thing about the stay was the carvery dinner in the restaurant.

The restaurant service was strange. The staff were polite but didn't seem to understand certain basics. They sat the three of us at a table for two by setting a place on the side of a small table. That was a minor issue compared to the food. Dry chicken, greasy and stodgy Yorkshire puddings, mushy uncrisp roast potatoes, tough beef. The only edible things weren't cooked or prepared on site - the smoked salmon and other cold cuts and the so-so bought-in cakes. The price for this dreadful meal? £22 per head or £18 if booked when checking in. Even a Toby Carvery would have better food and would have been better value.

Breakfast was much better with a nice range of the usual foods. The bar food was shockingly expensive with basic ham sandwiches priced at £8 or £9.

I won't be coming back here unless forced to do so for another meeting.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank travelone123

Deat travelone123

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I note the comments contained therein.

I was to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in other areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The hotel Check-in was swift and pleasant. The room was tidy and clean, but the TV could have had the full free view channels package. The bathroom was a little tired for a Hilton, but it's not their 5* range. Overall a pleasant stay & convenient for Stratford upon Avon, Leamington Spar & Warwick.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear BT3rd

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note you enjoyed your stay and that you found the location ideal for visiting the local area.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
The Warwickshire
#7 of 12 in Warwick
The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon? Share your experiences!