“great hotel”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed thursday and friday night at the end of the whitson tide school holiday and found the hotel to be very good. The hotel was a little tired in places but our family room was clean and spacious. The kids enjoyed the swimming pool and the breakfasts were excellent. The real gem however are the staff. Everyone was helpful and polite and we would especially like to thank madelina who went out of her way to make our seven year old daughters birthday alittle more special. A great hotel which we will stay in again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear phillip b

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I was delighted to read your comments.

I am pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us celebrating your daughter's birthday and found all our amenities and services more than met your expectation.

Service is of utmost importance to us and The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and as mentioned before all feedback are used to continue improve our standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

The location of the hotel is very convenient, within the complex of roads that is Exit 15 of the M40, although I found it difficult to see as I whizzed more than once around where I knew it was, until I actually passed the entrance. I should have looked more carefully at the hotel website. The hotel is three storeys high, new build. My room was not very spacious, but clean and the bathroom was fully functional and as I like it. Staff were professionally friendly. The public spaces were standard. Breakfasts were OK: no fresh fruit in the fruit salad, though. There were notices about fees for parking and it is advertised at GBP5 per night but parking was actually free with a pass from reception.

Wheelchair access is good, with plenty of ground floor rooms and lifts to the upper floors. But the swimming pool is separated from the changing rooms by steps (except via a lift in a public corridor).

It's a good product but it has no soul and there was nothing distinctive about it to draw me back, unless I need somewhere conveniently located again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Cassini

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I note your comments therein and that you found the hotel adequate for your needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Perfectly located between Warwick & Stratford upon Avon for tourists like us.
Nice & Warm welcome by Reception Team after a long drives does lift your spirits. They even managed to have our room ready by 11:00 AM.
Rooms were nice & clean & have everything you need for a short stay.
Breakfast was lovely. Chef prepared sumptuous fluffy omelets which set us for the day!
Hats off to Mr. J Howard, GM for picking a fab team!
Thanks to all!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear LondonHotelCritic

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay at Hilton Warwick/Stratford-upon-Avon.

It is wonderful to read that you thought so highly of our hotel reflected in the excellent praise you have given to us.

Service is of utmost importance to us and the satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and all feedback is used to continue improve our standards.

I do hope to welcome you back you in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I stay in hiltons virtually every week of my working life, and enjoy the benefits of diamond status as a result.....! So what! you may say........ but it is good to be treated as a loyal customer, and i feel somewhat disgruntled if this doesnt happen automatically when I check in.... There is nothing really wrong with the hotel, I was upgraded as usual, but I felt the room was tired, clean and comfortable agreed but tired never the less....... the usual upgrade extras were not in the room and although promptly delivered, I felt my upgrade was an afterthought.......... Indeed, so was my meal, I was not offered the meal deal at reception, and feel a little annoyed to have paid well over the deal price for 2 courses and not 3...... There was also some confusion as to whether I had actually paid in advance ( I had) which was on my mind then all evening since I was told it would only become clear at checkout...... I went for breakfast and was questioned about the payment for the food, even though as diamond members this is automatically included, the male member of staff was very dis-interested after this point, which is bad...... correct response follow up at reception and inform guest accordingly..... the food was very average for hilton, the fruit was tinned (most unusual) and the hot items were not replenished and of questionable quality.! This Hilton is not the worst I have visited, bou I do feel the midland area offerings leave a lot to be desired! The new doubletrees and even hamptons are better quality and value for money, the former offering a warm cookie on arrival, which now that the hiltons , so called full service brand, ommits hospitality biscuits in your room one is left feeling that the cream of hotel servicethey once offered is waining....!

Room Tip: Ask all the relevant questions upon check-in to ensure that you receive what you expect
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear chrisborne

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I note the comments therein.

I was to read that we did not meet your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is valuable and I do hope that you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

A Quiet and handy location in Warwick. Room was spacious and it was a very good location for a weekend away. The food in the restaurant was nice for dinner and breakfast and the was a good bar too. Didn't spend a lot of time in the hotel but have no complaints from while I was there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear safcfan

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to note that found the amenities and location more than met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Not bad, good service, but fairly boring and safe to be fair. We wished we stayed at a smaller 3 star with soul and character, perhaps a family run B and B? It was a pain getting in and out of car park, but you can get a ticket from reception.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Peter M

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I note your comments contained therein. Your loyalty is important to us and I do hope to welcome you back to Hilton Warwick very soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Can't recommend this hotel enough, had a fantastic 3 night stay, ate in the restaurant after buying vouchers from reception, lovely 3 course meal for £18, children under 10 eat free off children's menu. Breakfast great, swimming pool small but fine! We are club members so were in a club room and couldn't fault it! Will be back!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Susan W

It is wonderful to read that you thought so highly of our hotel. Service is of utmost importance to us and the satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance to us, which is why we do indeed offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and feedback is used to continue to improve our standards.

I look look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel very soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
The Warwickshire
The Warwickshire
#7 of 12 in Warwick
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings
The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel

Been to Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon? Share your experiences!