“Great location”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great location”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Yes, as some reviewers have stated, the rooms at this hotel are a little tired. However there are many positives to recommend this hotel. A great location just off the M40, close by Warwick, Leamington Spa, Stratford upon Avon and many great NT properties. Reception staff were great, breakfast is ok and the bar service and atmosphere were fantastic. Above all prices are good so it does offer great value and we had a very good nights sleep in a very comfy standard double bed. Also they treat Hhonors members well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear bathpair

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and I was very pleased to read the comments therein.

In particular I noted how you found the location of the hotel ideal for visiting the local area and that our team members and amenities more than met your expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
thirsk
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed here on business for one night and paid a corporate rate, if I was the paying full price myself for this hotel then I would be rating the hotel a lot lower. Most people staying here and business travelers and as such it's just about okay.

It's the first time I've stayed in a Hilton Hotel for about 20 years, they used to be somewhere a bit special but now (if this one is typical) they are just another corporate hotel. It's similar to the Holiday Inn in the centre of Leamington Spa, you would sum it up as tired.

The rooms are Okay, personally I don't care too much about the deco but premier inn's are so good these days, why would you want to pay over £100 a night to stay here, nothing seemed to match but I care most business travelors don't care about this sort of thing.

As a business traveler what you probably need most is good wi-fi, and here it is terrible, I don't know why, the signal strength seems okay but I got logged off every few minutes (and other reviews say the same thing).

Looking at the dinner menu, I decided to eat elsewhere, it's just ridiculously expensive.

Breakfast is Okay, it's the usual self service arrangement you get everywhere these days, for some reason there was no little pots of marmalade, they had a big jar of marmalade (and peanut butter) next to the toaster which is unusual, I presume they are trying to save money.

After breakfast I went back to my room and had to step over about 8 cleaners sitting on the floor in the corridor which isn't the sort of thing you would expect to find in this sort of hotel.

The shaver point in my room didn't work, but I guess I was unlucky here

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear petenita

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I note your comments therein.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in other areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Bristol
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is an old and tired hotel. Its like many of the other dated Hilton hotels. Check in was fast n friendly. Room had AC, which was a blessing. The bins in the bathroom and bedroom had not been emptied, and no toiletaries. You also pay for parking. Bed and pillows very comfortable. TV is old school hotel flat screen, where you have to go through loads of menus just to watch regular TV - so annoying.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear The_H_Family_Bristol

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

Kettering
Reviewed 24 June 2014

we stayed at the Warwick Hilton and the staff in reception were extremely helpful in solving a problem we had, which was not the hotel's fault.They went far beyond our expectations and were extremely friendly and helpful and put us at ease and sorted out what could have been a very difficult situation which was in no way the hotel's responsibility. the hotel was excellent in every way.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear FVG375

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am very pleased to note how much you enjoyed your stay with us and in particular how helpful our Front Office team were in helping you when you arrived.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here May 29 as a welcome relief from a horrible hotel experience in Bourton on the Water. The room and bathroom were spacious, the staff friendly. We had dinner at the restaurant, which was excellent. The welcome basket was just another nice touch to this stay in room 247.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anne420

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Shanghai Region, China
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week in may 2014. The staff are great in all areas of the hotel. Croaking is convenient and secure, although the spaces are small. Breakfast is excellent and typifies the global hilton approach. The hotel is very near the motor way but the is no noise, and it means buzzing off is by quick. It is really close to the delightful town of Warwick and all it's attractions.
The hotel is very tired and the price is very high for what you get. The rooms are quite small by regular hilton standards, although the bed was very comfortable. Maintenance was problematic, and it took three goes to get the toilet flushing properly and the shower tap fixed. If the room rate was more line 65 pounds a night, I would have recommended it, but at nearly 90 pounds a night, and no club room it is not quite up there. But I stress again excellent staff on the front desk who always made me welcome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear NickandNadia

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor. I am delighted to note how much you enjoyed our breakfast and found our staff so welcoming on your arrival.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Warwick in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Functional, albeit soulless business/conference hotel a bit too far from Warwick town centre. Rooms are perfectly ok, but poor shower pressure, overpriced internet with very erratic signal causing constant logouts, inefficient air condition and very average food in the restaurant makes for a meh kind of experience. Staff were nice though, and the beds comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Ola F

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Guest Relations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe
#7 of 28 in Stratford-upon-Avon

Been to Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon? Share your experiences!