“Over night stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Warwick
Abergavenny, United Kingdom
“Over night stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This Hilton is a bit dated but with friendly staff. The evening meal choice was limited and service a bit slow. Breakfast was much better.Like other Hilton has done in Bristol and Bath,the bedrooms need to be updated to compete

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gerry J
johilton, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Gerry J

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to note that you found our team members friendly.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we use our guest feedback at the time to help us ensure quality is maintained.

Your loyalty is important to us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

I recently ran a weekend event at the Hilton Warwick and couldn't be happier with the venue and service provided. In the run up to the event I had regular contact with the events team who were happy to assist with many last minute requirements and went out of their way to deliver excellent customer service. Throughout the event, the team were happy to assist with any last minute queries, were approachable and nothing was too much trouble. The facilities at the hotel were outstanding, the rooms were clean, modern and well kept. Although I didn't use the swimming pool, these facilities looked great too. The catering was really good, we had breakfast and a buffet lunch, there was plenty to choose from and everything was hot. We also had a gala dinner on the Saturday night which was faultless, again the food was hot considering we had 170 guests to cater for. All of the guests were happy with the service and I would definitely use this venue again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear StuartRH

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read your comments and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed here Friday to Monday over the British Gran Prix weekend so it was a little busy on Friday and Saturday evenings. Also there was a wedding party and a Ruby wedding anniversary party so the place was pretty full. Notwithstanding that, the place coped pretty well. Bar staff were a bit stretched on the Saturday evening but otherwise no problems. The bar area is comfortably furnished and it was very easy to sit and watch the World Cup on TV whilst testing the extensive range of malt whiskies behind the bar. A little pricey perhaps but not excessively so.

All staff were friendly and courteous throughout.

We didn't eat dinner here, choosing instead to find local pubs, but the breakfast was very good with something for every taste. An impressive array of cold cuts and fruit, yoghurt, cereals, numerous varieties of bread and a very comprehensive hot food line up if you wanted the 'traditional English breakfast' or heart attack on a plate. They even had porridge which, although it didn't look particularly appetizing, was actually quite good (in my opinion of course).

The room was fine - not palatial by any means but adequate for our needs and quiet. We were in the Castle Wing on the 3rd floor and there was very little noise despite the proximity of the M40 and A46.

The hotel is very convenient for Warwick Castle (5 min drive) and Stratford-upon-Avon (15/20 min) and if we return to the area we'll probably stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Alan B

Thank you very much for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would like to return when in the area again.

I shall look forward to welcoming you back.

Rathdrum, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had to arrive in a Hertz hire car at 1.00 am on Friday morning at end of June
Very good booking in staff (Indian) and having specified a quiet room was given the last room on the very long corridor on the third floor. An excellent location for my three night stay.
It was a standard room with tea/coffee and kettle and a very clean bathroom, comfortable bed.
All very welcome at the early hour of my arrival.
I was part of a group booking for a Bridge competition. The full board cost was perhaps the best value for money I have ever had in the UK. The staff were conspicuously friendly and helpful.
The Manager checked that everything was to our satisfaction and the free welcome reception was a bonus. The bar prices were not the best value I have had but the quality of the house wines was very good. All in all a good experience and I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask at breakfast time and the chef will make a pancake for you!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear MoloKenya

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor and I am very pleased to note the comments and how much you enjoyed your stay and that you would indeed recommend us.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Felixstowe, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

I was really disappointed with this hotel, we chose it because of the 4 stars and pool. The rooms were very tired, no fridge, but you got slippers, gown, jelly beans and nuts! Despite those minor extras I think I would have preferred staying at a premier inn with larger beds and cheaper drinks. Overall very disappointed. The pool was very small as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Julie H

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet your expectations in the areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

Your loyalty is important to us and I do hope I can welcome you back in the future.

England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Overall I was disappointed with this stay. I am a Hilton Honors Gold member and was not offered an upgrade, but did receive one when I prompted the check-in assistant. Our "reward amenities" were sent to the room after about 15 minutes. This consisted of two bottles of water, one pair of slippers and one small jar of nuts. We noticed other people who had this delivered to their room also received Jelly Beans. I don't care about Jelly Beans personally but why give them to some members and not others. The room itself was clean but really nothing special. The furnishing was a bit dated and not what I expected for the price we paid. It felt small and dark and uninviting. The bathroom was similar, absolutely fine, but just not a great example of a Hilton. We did receive drinks vouchers to use at the bar which was welcome and the breakfast was not bad, but I just have higher expectations.

Room Tip: The upgraded Hilton Honors rooms are WAY down the corridor from reception.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Richard H
Dear Richard H

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay.

I was however concerned to read that we did not meet some of your expectations in other areas that you have mentioned.

I take on board your additional comments as we work really hard to achieve consistent delivery of service and quality and use our guest feedback at the time to help us drive this.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We wanted a minibreak to celebrate my partner's 50th birthday and since we didn't leave a lot of time to book it, we were limited to what we could find that could accommodate us with our 10 year old son. We normally stay in Premier Inns, so it was good to stay in a more upmarket hotel. We had a club room which was plenty big enough for 3 and well equipped. We obtained a good B&B rate online, paying up front. The hotel was lovely, well laid out, excellent bar (although drinks were pricy) we felt quite happy with leaving our son in the room watching the world cup n tv whilst we had a drink sitting on the comfy sofas in the bar. The breakfast was an excellent 'all you can eat' buffet with lots of choices and plenty of fresh food. We were disappointed with the swimming pool, which was tiny, with a steam room barely big enough for one and a not warm enough sauna. The location is great for Statford upon Avon and Warwick Castle. Although close to the M40, we didn't hear it at all. I would definitely return here if I wanted to visit this area. I was surprised that there seemed to be no American guests, most people staying there seemed to be English, like us, having a weekend away. The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: We didn't have any choice in the room. The standard doubles looked quite small but the family or...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear heatherk1910

Thank you for your review here on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your partner's 50th birthday in particular how much you enjoyed the amenities and facilities available and how our staff more than met your expectations during your stay.

I do look forward to welcoming you back in the future.