“Superb Hotel and Excellent Staff- World Top Class”

Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 22 January 2009

Hotel Is stunning and has great rooms....Restaurant is superb and staff is amazing...everything was execllent and will go back there again and again...

Thank you HIlton warwick for making our stay great....

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Write a ReviewReviews (1,625)

Reviewed 20 January 2009

Previous reviewers have suggested that this hotel is 'tired'. We thought the open-fire, giant plasma screen bar, with new sofas and squishy chairs, was actually rather smart, and the breakfast room was too. Our sons, aged 7 and 9, thought that the reception and lounge areas were terribly exciting. There weren't large parties when we stayed, and a good range of ages, and the vibe was jolly and relaxing. The staff are friendly and nearly all do seem to be working in the UK from overseas, but we encountered none of the language or service barriers others have mentioned. The pricing of food and drink is predatory - but this did not come as a shock. This hotel is a magnet for business travellers and conventions during the week, but Hilton are far from unique in their fleecing of corporate customers. We ate in town, but took breakfast in the restaurant and it was good. Masses of choice, and not too overcrowded. The swimming pool is very small but as warm as can be, and our room was a good size for a family, and everything worked. We left with no complaints.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 21 October 2008

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend break with a large group of friends. We are all in our 50's, so not a loud crowd. Whilst the rooms were ok, the staff - apart from the restaurant staff - were appaling. Very lengthy check in, only 2 people on duty.

We spent a large amount of money in the hotel as we were a large group and the prices were impressive , to say the least! We stayed in a lot of other top class hotels and whilst accepting the fact that hotel prices are always expensive, this hotel seemed to 'grab' money at every opportunity.

Worth was to follow. On our last day we woke to find a bill pushed under our door in an 'express check out envelope'. On checking , we found the bill was totally incorrect. Several other members in my party had the same problem and when we queried this at reception we were told that 'the computer had crashed', not to worry and things would be rectified with new bills issued when we checked out later that day. When I came to checking out I not only found that they had debited my card without authorisation, despite the fact that I had not given back the 'express check out envelope', but they had charged me for watching the 'adult movie channel'. I had absolute proof that I was in the bar with my group of freinds whilst I was supoposedly in my room watching the movie, which apparently can only be accessed by pressing the room numbre into the receiver!!!! Infact several other guests were at the reception at the same time complaining about the same thing. No amount of arguing seemed to satisfy the staff and infact they were incredibly rude and said their systems never failed. Having just admitted that all their computers crashed, this added insult.

It was only when I threatened to stand outside the hotel and inform any new guests that they would be better off in another hotel, that they relented and refunded the dispouted amount.

This was a stressful situation at the end of what had been a very pleasant weekend with freinds. I certainly would never use this Hilton again and would advise other guests to check their hotel bills very carefully.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank TreforH
Reviewed 9 September 2008

Having read some of the reviews about this hotel I cannot belive I stayed at the same place.

On a recent trip to Royal Leamington Spa my stay was extended at short notice. Not being able to arrange a hotel in Leamington I decided that as my husband is a gold hhonors member I would try and book to stay at the WarwickHilton. Not a problem 2 rooms duly booked by telephone. On arrival there was only 1 person on reception with a couple of people in front of me checking in. 30 mins later I finally arrived at my room. This did not improve my mood and I decided not to eat at the hotel so I cannot comment on food. The bar staff though were as slow as the reception desk when ordering drinks later in the evening.

The following day at time of check out I went to collect my colleague who was staying a couple of rooms away. It was then that I noticed a huge damp patch outside her door which was covered in insects. My colleague then invited me into her room to show me her bathroom floor which was filthy. The area outside the room also smelt of damp. Whilst checking out I asked to speak with the manager so that I could bring to his attention the insects. After a wait of around 15 minutes the duty manager finally appeared and when I pointed out my concerns about the dirty floor, cobwebs in the room (club rooms at that) and the insects nesting outside, I was told thanks.

To add insult to this my husband has not been credited with a stay at this hotel on his hhnors and I am now in dispute with Hilton.

Would I stay here again - no way!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
2  Thank jackoNewmarket
Reviewed 5 September 2008

I did not actually stay at the hotel but went for a business meeting there; I was at the hotel in the bar/restaurant area for about an hour and spent about 35 GBP on food and drink. What I could not believe was that I had to pay 5 GBP for parking upon leaving the hotel - even when I protested the fact that I had spent a reasonable amount of money considering the amount of time I had been there. This to me was disgraceful - its not the money (I can expense that), its the unashamed robbery. The food was just about OK for what it was, the service was bordeline to good.

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 27 August 2008

Hotel about average. Our room was a bit dingy but clean and overall fine. Just wanted to pass on a couple of tips. I wouldn't bother with the Porridge Pot over the road. Food wasn't up to much. Go instead to the Racing Horse about 1 mile down the road on the way to Warwick. The food was good and they do an incredible OAP meal deal. We went on a Saturday night and although busy we got served ok.

The other tip is not to bother with the bus to Stratford. if you drive down to Stratford about 1-2 miles outside is a Park and Ride. Free parking and £1.30 return for the bus. I think the last bus back is about 7.00pm from Stratford. It's hopeless trying to park in Stratford anyway.

Plenty of parking in Leamington but a bit pricey.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 13 August 2008

An excellent weekend break at this hotel. Comfortable modern club room, friendly staff and a good breakfast. There is also a holiday inn express hotel and restaurant across the road.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warwick
Holiday Inn Express Warwick - Stratford Upon Avon
The Warwickshire
#7 of 12 in Warwick
The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall Hotel & Spa
Mercure Warwickshire Walton Hall...
#1 of 1 in Wellesbourne Hastings

Been to Hilton Warwick / Stratford-upon-Avon? Share your experiences!