“best formal curry in Warwick”
Review of Saffron Gold

Saffron Gold
Ranked #35 of 142 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$20 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Only Indian Restaurant to be listed in the Michelin Guide in Warwick, serving Warwick and the tourist who visit the historic town. Saffron Gold Restaurant is located in the heart of Warwick next to Marks & Spencer's and Boots with a large car park and disable parking right outside the restaurant.The restaurant is close to the Famouse Warwick Castle and the Warwick Race course.
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is quality curry in fine surroundings. excellent service and the food never disappoints. You'll pay a little more than usual - perhaps 10% - but it is worth the limited extra cost.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Excellent food, service v. Friendly and good, would definitely recommend, maybe a bit pricey, but you definately get what you paid for, would definately come back. Many thanks.

1  Thank shazvella
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Had our first trip to saffron gold last week and was not disappointed. First thing to say is that the restaurant is a nice open space which isn't always the case in warwick. Service and food were excellent and I thought the pricing was reasonable. 3 out of 4 of us had a fish starter which we really enjoyed. I had chicken roshni which was excellent and my wife enjoyed her chicken xacuti (something we haven't seen in other Indians). The ladies enjoyed a bottle of Pinot Grigio rose whilst the gents had mongoose beer (another first). We will return!!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I had read the reviews and had been meaning to visit for a while...

It was my first visit and my wife and I went with another couple.. We were not disappointed.

The food was hot and tasty I had the tandoori chicken to start which was huge and a balti for my main. ... Both were excellent. ....

Portion sizes were good, service excellent and the place was very well turned out.

Definitely recommended and will return for sure. ...

1  Thank Goldmaxx
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Both food and service are of a very high quality.Even on a busy evening the staff take the time to make you feel special.