“first time not dissapointed” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aqua Food & Mood - Warwick

Aqua Food & Mood - Warwick
Ranked #15 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This restaurant is in Warwick, England, UK. Please do not list in Warwick, Bermuda. Thank you
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“first time not dissapointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Wow this was our first experience of food from the Lebanon. Must admit we are very nervous as we have allergies?...No worry's here the staff were very informative of the contents of the dishes.each course was interesting and full.of flavor .would highly recommend this restaurant...
The portions are wholesome unlike some places....the staff were very attentive , and helpful in guiding you through the dishes....The music help create the ambiance that relaxed dining experience gives....will dine there again.........

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank pottypostie

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Very good quality and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

My wife and I visited after having good reports from friends. She had Bamia B'zeit followed by Laham Mashwi, and I chose Kibbeh and Chicken Shawarma. The quality was very good, and the quantities of the main courses in particular almost defeated us. With a bottle of the house Sauvignon Blanc and a bottle of water, the bill was £55. This included 10% service charge, which was well worth it. This is definitely a place that we will visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Warwick
“Not bad at all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

I agree with David V re QOS & House Wine both great. Service was very good also therefore I thought it warranted the Service Charge. All in all a well above average meal in friendly comfortable surrounding. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
Bangkok, Thailand
“Not a bad word to say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

For the price this was simply outstanding. Great service from friendly and helpful smiling staff, superb meal so tasty and so quick. The restaurant was so busy on the night I went but even though I was dining alone I felt cared for and valued. Really could not recommend this place more strongly. House wine is great and a super buzzing atmosphere.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DAVID V
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Beware the Service Charge”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Sorry but regardless of how good the service or food is (and neither is stunning here) I absolutely don't agree with a Discretionary Service Charge. The feeling of being ripped off was worsened by the fact the waiter had willing accepted a tip without pointing out we'd already paid a service charge. I didn't see anything on the menu to suggest there was going to be a service charge - it may well be there but I didn't see it. To make matter worse the service charge appears on the bill as "Disc 10% SC" and was indented under the wine which makes it not at all clear and we only worked out what it was the next day when we spotted the text at the very bottom of the bill. Our fault, yes, reasonable behaviour for a restaurant, no.

Rant over, to the review. The wine prices are reasonable for a restaurant and there is a good selection of wines especially from Lebanon. The service was ok, the first waiter was friendly and knowledgeable the second did his job but no more than that. The room was lovely although the tables are very close together. The food prices were high for the quality we received. The starters were on the bland side of ok with one of the dips tasting a long way past its best. The mains were better although the salads that accompanied them looked very sad and wilted. I had the spring lamb which was tasty but cooked almost to the point of dryness. The accompanying sauce tasted liked shop bought tomato relish with chilli. My wife's dish also tasted ok but lacked all but a couple of small pieces of the promised aubergine. Neither dish left us feeling we must try that again.
Would I go back, definitely not whilst they have a discretionary service charge. However, if they dropped that con I'd probably give it a second try to see if they can do better.

• Visited May 2014