“Worst meal I've ever eaten!!”
Review of The Tudor House

The Tudor House
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
“Worst meal I've ever eaten!!”
Reviewed 8 April 2013

My husband & I decided to try Sunday lunch at this lovely looking pub oposit Warwick Castle after visiting the castle for the day. We booked a table & we're looking forward to a nice lunch after a fantastic morning, however the day was ruined by the poor quality tasteless food we were served! I would go as far to say it was the worst Sunday lunch I have ever tasted, the meat was over cooked & so were the vegetables. The whole meal had zero taste at all! AVOID this restaurant unless you have no taste buds & like sloppy food!

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Iloveblackcats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night for our wedding anniversary.the building a bit tired and our room was very small and the ensuite was small.but it was clean.not much parking had to park over the road.the staff were very friendly and make you feel welcome and they organised a taxi for us in to town..the breakfast was ok .for what you pay it is worth it

Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We have just arrived home from a lovely time in Warwick. I would recommend The Tudor House Inn. Breakfast was superb and the evening meal excellent, the experiance was that good we even bought the keys home, by mistake I must add. Staff very kind and welcoming and couldnt do enough for us.

1 Thank Cate D
Chester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We have just got home after spending a lovely weekend in Warwick,and were very impressed with the Tudor House Inn.The hotel was warm,clean and had lots of character -the staff were very friendly and made us feel more than welcome.
There was a good choice of meals on the menu-all reasonably priced,and were delicious.For a small hotel there was plenty of parking and we were only a few minutes walk from the town centre.
Breakfast was very nice and there was plenty to choose from-I would definately stay here again,and would recommend it to other travellers.
My only niggle was the shower-the shower head was not attached to the wall,so made having a shower a bit of a pain(other reviews have pointed this out too).

Holsworthy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013 via mobile

Our friend booked us in to here as part of a large group. Very old looking building with tons of history and character. We had a good look around and at the hotel rooms, some of the doors to the rooms were less than 4ft high!! Rooms very clean and very warm had to turn the heating down, they had everything you needed. Had a bar snack which was good and the breakfast in the morning was very good with plenty of choice for everyone. See you next year

• Stayed January 2013
Bristol
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Well this was really was a sweet and interesting stay. The owner made us feel most welcome and is chatty and kind. We had quite a fun and romantic time staying here and yes the building is old, however this is part of the appeal and it is hundreds of years standing after all!
The bar is a great place to relax and also socialise with other guests and it's an exciting place to be if you like to feel the presence of british history. Very close to the castle and within walking distance of the town. A good selection of food and drinks and somewhere very different for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Chill out and go with the flow
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Merthyr Tydfil
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Just spent one night and had a lovely break. The rooms are small, so do not expect a deluxe huge room. We stayed in room 10 which had a 4 poster bed and large corner bath. Nice room but on small side. the mattress was awful you could feel all the springs, Manager - you must change this, lie on the matress yourself and you will see. No toiletries in room at all which was probably an oversight, luckily we had some shower gel with us. The pub itself is fantastic it made me smile just sitting in it. It oozed history and I absolutely loved it. The owner was lovely and so was the barman, she gave us a free drink when we had to change rooms because the toilet was being repaired in our first room, very glad we did not stay here - very small (room 4). Breakfast served by a very friendly woman but not the best. I'm a vegetarian and there were no veggie sausages, hash browns or tomatoes, so I had egg on toast with a side postion of mushrooms. I can't eat baked beans but they were available. I expect more than this for a cooked breakfast if I'm honest BUT cereal was also available to be fair (can't eat this either - not their fault). If you love history you will love this old historical Inn I did and would not hesitate to go back there.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple