“Quaint and Quirky”

Thomas Oken Tea Rooms
Ranked #1 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Warwick
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A quintessential English tea rooms in a beautiful tudor house set against the wall of Warwick Castle
Reviewed 20 August 2014

After a long day at Warwick Castle, we went into town enroute to Mill garden. We stopped for tea and cake, the building dates back to the 16th century. Real tea, c/w tea strainer and lovely moist homemade cake, take a break and rest.

There are newer reviews for Thomas Oken Tea Rooms

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Looking to have afternoon tea we spotted this " Tudor " property tucked away. What a find! Real Tea in china cups,and NO tea bags,very friendly girls and wonderful selection of cakes. We will be back.

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

There were 6 of us in our party and everything was exceptional. We also watched the food being taken to other tables and were very impressed with the look of it. All in all, well worth a visit.

1  Thank Vicky A
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I really do not know where to start...Ok first of all I loved it!
Ok, so you now know where I am going with this.
The outside of the tea room is Tudor or mock Tudor, I really don't care.
We sat outside on a sunny afternoon for sandwich and cake with Earl Grey Tea. My sandwich was humus and caramelised onion and my daughter the egg mayo. Served with Earl Grey afterwards I had the Almond Chocolate nom-nom-nom. This is the vegan option and afterwards I found out it is the best seller, and do know what. I am not surprised. Gorgeous!
Lovely food, tea, experience. Slightly off the main street thus cutting out the noise. It was busy in the team room and the waitresses were working hard but remained cool under pressure. I would suggest anyone who is going to Warwick to try here. One of the extra joys of eating outside, for me, is the people watching and listening as Warwick as you can imagine quite busy with tourist's, like myself, never mind the different English accents but the selection of foreign nationals enjoying Warwick and trying to guess where the tourists come from. I herald from the Shire of Gloucester.
To finish...just go there and enjoy a lovely, English Tea Room at it's best.
(You may wonder why I did not give it 5 stars instead of 4...Well nothing's perfect!)

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Charming, quaint, very traditional and tasty. Tried rose lemonade for the first time and ate some scrumptious cakes. Had Welsh rarebit for the first time, was terrific. Great little place.