“Smashing F&C”

The Pot & Fin
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We poped into this lovely place whilst on business in Warwick. Owner was a great v welcoming the food was fab I love these fish & chips and would recommend this to all.

2  Thank Justanot

Reviewed 22 April 2014

called here for a beverage, have a deal with my husband - 3 shops, then 1 pub, try it it's a great game for those who's husbands/partners hate shopping, was made t feel welcome here, will count this in as one of our pit stops when next in Warwick, thank you

1  Thank JoviD
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I were staying in Warwick and I took him to the Pot and Fin. We ordered two large haddock and chips to take away, we were told that the food is cooked fresh so there is a 15 minute wait, in fact it was 40 minutes. When the food arrived I opened the lid of the box to find minuscule portions, and very very soggy batter that had not been cooked. The chips were even worse a very small portion of soggy chips. All this cost nearly £20.00. I spoke to the manager and showed him my food and he said he thought it looked ok and shrugged his shoulders.

I immediately asked for my money back at first he did not want to but it it surprising what a loud voice can do when other people are waiting. He gave me a refund straight away. Will not return.

1  Thank rose w
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thought we would give this place a try once again following two previous visits (take aways) when we thought it was average at the very best. I can now confidently say that this will be our very last visit. Ordered 3 portions of cod at £3 a piece. It was a disgrace. Miniscule portions, greasy, soggy, undercooked batter. Huge disappointment . Cannot for the life of me understand the glowing comments of some reviewers. Please take note and 'up your game'.

Reviewed 5 April 2014

The title pretty much sums it up, but to elaborate on other things too, the owner is one of the friendliest people I've met who actually cares about the quality of the food too. the cod was perfect in some of the lightest batter I've had! The interior is lovely with a great relaxed ambiance and a quality that would put so called upscale restaurants to shame. Most importantly unlike other chip shops in Warwick the claim of some of the best food in the country is backed up officially instead of by a piece of printed paper based on the reviews of regulars (ahem st Johns ahem) and is completely deserved. Also, try the lemon drizzle cake, it's already delicious and they're still perfecting it! Which should tell you all you need to know really about the principles of this place!