“Real pub with great food” 4 of 5 bubbles

The New Bowling Green
Ranked #59 of 129 Restaurants in Warwick
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The New Bowling Green is a beautiful 15th Century Tudor building just a minutes walk from the centre of Warwick. Warwick Castle and Warwick train station are also only 2 minutes walk away.Enjoy great food, real ales and fabulous hospitality. With log fires, slate floors and traditional wooden beams there is an relaxed atmosphere and friendly service is always assured. Recline by the open fire with a glass of your favourite tipple in Winter or during the Summer months soak up the sun in our glorious, walled rear garden - the best beer garden in Warwick - and dine al fresco. Please note that St Nicholas Park car park has direct access into our rear garden.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Real pub with great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

I often visit this pub at lunch as it's the only one within walking distance. The food always looks very nice so decided to go with my boyfriend and parents for Sunday lunch. Sadly their chef was off but they were still serving their burger menu. When we got there they did say they had tried to ring to tell me but hadn't been able to get hold of me. The burger menu looked great so it wasn't a problem.

We were pleasantly surprised with the choice on this menu, it was not just your average beef burgers there was also kangaroo and venison and a 'burger workshop' where you could make your own burger with whatever toppings you wanted. There was also a good selection of real ales for my dad.

The only let down was the service as it was a little slow and they forgot one of our drinks orders despite there being 4 staff on and the pub wasn't hugely busy. It did seem that at least one member of staff was new but even so the service should have been better.

Will definitely be visiting again though. The food was great and they have a lovely garden out the back for the summer.

1 Thank StephanieLC1

Warwick, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Original , friendly and warm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Popped into this lovely looking little pub on a sunny day only to find the most amazing garden !! What a find.
They were promoting a new menu specialising in homemade gourmet burgers. They were amazing !!
I had the warwickshire xx and my partner had aThe Bison. Simply delicious .
I would nightly recommend this friendly pub to anyone. Great for families with the biggest garden I've seen!!
Brilliant host in a chap named Glenn. Couldn't have been more helpful.

Visited March 2014
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Great bar, great food and would go often. Now serving a range of burgers including kangaroo! Just what warwick needs! Lovely place

Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Quant, old worlds beams mixed with modern feel tables. Roaring real fire, traditional real ales, newspapers to read. We visited on a wet and cold Feb day and stayed a lot longer than intended ! We'll worth a visit

Visited February 2014
“Very enjoyable Sunday lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I booked a table for 5 of us for a Sunday lunch and we definately were not dissappointed. I had the slow roast lamb's shank which just fell of the bone, the food was hot, the atmosphere was friendly and Glenn and Laura couldn't have been more helpful, especially with choosing the wine (sampled 3 before deciding on the one I wanted!) Nothing was too much trouble. They also did half portions which was helpful as we had our 7 year old with us. It was a very relaxing meal and plenty of it, the winter crumble was delicious. Also with being able to use my tastecard on a Sunday the bill worked out at just over £10 a head and that included drinks, so excellent value for money. We will be going back again soon. Many thanks.

*Tastecard gave me 50% of all adult meals (excludes child portions and drinks)

• Visited January 2014