This is a few minutes from the M40 Jn 15 and is very close to the Centre of Warwick so a really good base for exploring. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights to attend the Edible Garden Show at Stoneleigh Park. The room was comfortable and (a note for the Friday night locals) the breakfast was substantial and very nicely done. The pub itself is spotless, serves six well kept real ales and has really friendly locals. If we lived in Warwick this would be our local.
There is plenty of tea & coffee in the rooms which are very clean.
We intend to return to Warwick next year and will definitely return to the Old Fourpenny Shop. Throughout our stay Sean was a great host even providing free chips and sandwiches for the rugby on St Patrick's day even though his team were being beaten by England.
We both like good pubs and this one is really good and is superbly located for the town centre or to break you journey, so given the location we thought it was good value for money.
The Hotel doesn't do evening meals but there are plenty of other places close by and Sean is happy to recommend one. Just around the corner on the main road the Vine Inn has just re-opened and Tom the Chef there does very nice evening meals (and can modify his menu for Coeliacs).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Fourpenny Shop is a small owner operated hotel just minutes from the heart of Warwick and all its attractions; Warwick Races, Warwick Castle and Saint Mary’s Church to name a few. All of our rooms are en-suite, with Freeview, Wi-Fi, Real Coffee and Tea making facilities. Below the Hotel you will find our newly refurbished and newly named pub, The Silver Groat. Here you will be able to choose from a wide selection of real ales, craft lagers, ciders and fine wines, whilst feasting upon dishes from our ever-changing menu of dishes created using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. We are five minutes from J15 of the M40 making Stratford upon Avon, Birmingham, The NEC and Warwick University all easily accessible.. We have a small residents’ car park to the rear of the Hotel. If this is full, there is a reasonably priced public car park a few minutes away on Linen Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Priceline and HRS so you can book your The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
- Old Fourpenny Shop Warwick
- The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel Warwick, Warwickshire