Having previously stayed at some of the faceless guest houses whilst working in Warwick for a few weeks, it was brilliant to discover the Old Fourpenny Shop.
What a pleasure it was to have a fresh breakfast, served by somebody who is bothered rather than having some inedible mess thrown at me by somebody who plainly could not care less.
The rooms are reasonably sized, well appointed and clean - very good value for money, particularly if you compare the rates against their competitors.
The bar is quirky in shape but has a good atmosphere. If anything it tends to be busier in the early evening when the locals seem to use it. The selection of ales is unusual, nicely varied and most importantly well kept.
Special mention must go to Sean and his team who could not be more friendly or helpful.
Unfortunately there always has to be "a but". In this case it is the entrance to the carpark - if there is no room to swing into the narrow archway you risk damaged wheelarches or wing mirrors.
However, I would definitely recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Fourpenny Shop is a small owner operated hotel just minutes from the heart of Warwick and all its attractions; Warwick Races, Warwick Castle and Saint Mary’s Church to name a few. All of our rooms are en-suite, with Freeview, Wi-Fi, Real Coffee and Tea making facilities. Below the Hotel you will find our newly refurbished and newly named pub, The Silver Groat. Here you will be able to choose from a wide selection of real ales, craft lagers, ciders and fine wines, whilst feasting upon dishes from our ever-changing menu of dishes created using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. We are five minutes from J15 of the M40 making Stratford upon Avon, Birmingham, The NEC and Warwick University all easily accessible.. We have a small residents’ car park to the rear of the Hotel. If this is full, there is a reasonably priced public car park a few minutes away on Linen Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Odigeo and HRS so you can book your The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
- Old Fourpenny Shop Warwick
- The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel Warwick, Warwickshire