“A mixed visit”

The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Warwick
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night in May to attend a friends wedding. I lived in the area for six years so was familiar with the main hotels however this one caught my eye as it offered an earlier check in plus breakfast for a reasonable price. I liked the motel style courtyards and it's 'recently refurbished rooms' however on arrival we were told that we had a room in the main building. The booking process was easy and the hotel was easy to find with an off road private car park. The room was small but spotlessly clean and met our needs fine. The only real issue was that our shower did not work at all. The bath tap ran fine but when you pulled the lever nothing but a very fine trickle ran out the shower and it was stone cold. We were unable to shower and if we had been staying for more than a day it would have been a major problem. I did inform management upon check out and was told I should have just used the bath and that a plumber was coming the next day to look at it. Breakfast was very good and served in a lovely light room. Overall our stay was OK, I wouldn't like to spend a longer time as the room was small and I think next time I stay in Warwick I'll have a try of another hotel and keep this as back up.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly Y

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We didn't stay here but I wanted to write a review as Sean was excellent when I was trying to book the hotel. His communication was second to none and he was extremely accommodating, sending me photos and answering all my questions. Excellent customer service.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had a wonderful night at The Old Fourpenny Shop. The service was great, my room was small but comfortable and well appointed. It is very close to the centre of Warwick, which is just a couple of minutes walk. Breakfast was sensational. I have stayed in a few Warwick hotels in the same price range and this is by far the best.
The only negative point is the entrance into the car park through an old archway , which is very tight. Not helped by the people who had parked vans in the road right up against the entrance!
Overall, a great stay and I will definitely use it again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 April 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights last week. We booked based on the outstanding reviews of previous residents. However....the bed was uncomfortable with a dip in the middle and the room was definitely looking tired/old and in need of redecoration. The en-suite shower room sported a 'strobe effect' light - you had to turn the light on 5 minutes before using the bathroom in order for the light to 'warm up'! Handles were missing off of the wardrobe/drawers, carpet was filthy - the room had the feel of needing a quick lick of paint, a new carpet (why they chose cream for a hotel room is beyond me!) and a new bed. The breakfasts were lovely with a kind lady serving our food/drinks - all compliments to her. It is close to the town centre so I would say it is a good place to stay if you are looking for a budget break - certainly don't stay here if you are looking for a romantic break away!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

What a brilliant little hotel so glad we came across it. Nice and central within walking distance of the centre, racecourse and castle. The room was very comfy and spotless and what lovely people. We had breakfast on both days and it was just perfect, wish I could cook eggs like that :-),Would definately recommend this little gem.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Spent a really fabulous weekend here with friends. Very clean and comfy room and the breakfast was excellent. The lovely lady who served us kept us well supplied with extra tea and rounds of toast! In fact, we found all the staff(and the regulars in the bar) extremely friendly and helpful. The hotel is well placed for visiting the castle and the shops and there is a good Indian restaurant just down the road. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank shaun1711
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed here for the weekend with some friends and loved it. Very friendly lovely and clean. We were made to feel very welcome. The food was lovely and nothing was to much trouble. Would differently return

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends