We stayed in this hotel for one night in May to attend a friends wedding. I lived in the area for six years so was familiar with the main hotels however this one caught my eye as it offered an earlier check in plus breakfast for a reasonable price. I liked the motel style courtyards and it's 'recently refurbished rooms' however on arrival we were told that we had a room in the main building. The booking process was easy and the hotel was easy to find with an off road private car park. The room was small but spotlessly clean and met our needs fine. The only real issue was that our shower did not work at all. The bath tap ran fine but when you pulled the lever nothing but a very fine trickle ran out the shower and it was stone cold. We were unable to shower and if we had been staying for more than a day it would have been a major problem. I did inform management upon check out and was told I should have just used the bath and that a plumber was coming the next day to look at it. Breakfast was very good and served in a lovely light room. Overall our stay was OK, I wouldn't like to spend a longer time as the room was small and I think next time I stay in Warwick I'll have a try of another hotel and keep this as back up.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Old Fourpenny Shop is a small owner operated hotel just minutes from the heart of Warwick and all its attractions; Warwick Races, Warwick Castle and Saint Mary’s Church to name a few. All of our rooms are en-suite, with Freeview, Wi-Fi, Real Coffee and Tea making facilities. Below the Hotel you will find our newly refurbished and newly named pub, The Silver Groat. Here you will be able to choose from a wide selection of real ales, craft lagers, ciders and fine wines, whilst feasting upon dishes from our ever-changing menu of dishes created using locally sourced and seasonal ingredients. We are five minutes from J15 of the M40 making Stratford upon Avon, Birmingham, The NEC and Warwick University all easily accessible.. We have a small residents’ car park to the rear of the Hotel. If this is full, there is a reasonably priced public car park a few minutes away on Linen Street. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel
- Old Fourpenny Shop Warwick
- The Old Fourpenny Shop Hotel Warwick, Warwickshire