How this hotel has attained and retained a 4 star rating is beyond me. Yes, the setting is beautiful, and the staff were all vey polite but that is where it ended . The whole place is tired and in my opinion needs urgent attention to attract repeat business. Our room (number 7 Wroxall Court) was small, but not a major issue as we didn't intend spending that much time in there. The ''wardrobe'' was totally out of keeping with the surroundings - it looked cobbled together out of MDF of different colours, with doors misaligned and a huge sharp splinter sticking out at the bottom ! Bed was very uncomfortable. In the bathroom, there were missing tiles in the shower where you could see through to the ''mesh'' , and there must have been a leak somewhere over a long period of time as the wooden skirting board next to the shower was rotted away and had turned black. Towel rail was rusty. After dinner, we went to the bar for a drink - not a member of staff in sight. It wasn't late - only about 10.15pm, so had to go on a hunt for someone. Whilst we were on that hunt, another guest who had entered the bar before us used the phone on the bar to call for a member of staff and was informed ''we're busy'' !! We also received a random phone call at 2am from room service asking if we had ordered burgers, chips and Budweiser - we hadn't ! We discovered from other guests that they too had received a similar call at around the same time. This hotel has so much potential , and the wow factor that you feel approaching the main building just dissipates as you enter and move through.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 27 acres of open parkland, Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate occupies a unique setting amidst the peace and tranquility of the Warwickshire countryside. Situated just 10 miles from the NEC and Birmingham International Airport, Wroxall Abbey's close proximity to the M42, M40 and M6 make it an ideal location for conferences, meetings and events. Once the country seat of Sir Christopher Wren, Wroxall Abbey boasts a magnificent collection of listed buildings and private grounds, which make it an idyllic setting for weddings and other special occasions. Following a programme of sympathetic restorations, Wroxall Abbey offers today's discerning guest a country house estate with unrivalled leisure, business and function facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo, Expedia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wroxall Abbey Estate Warwick
- Wroxall Abbey Estate Hotel Warwick
- Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate Warwick, Warwickshire