It has taken us a long time to be able to write this review. We held our wedding at wroxall on 27th December 2013 and all we can say is that the staff at the venue were the rudest, most unhelpful people we have ever encountered. The while review is too long to post on here. ( we will be attempting to put it up elsewhere so people can read the full story) but here are the key points....
We paid £1500 for wrens cathedral... Only to have too parked cars right outside the main entrance (from guest staying at another wedding) the bride had to shimmy between them on her way into the church and as a married couple.
We paid an additional £600 for the marquee... (For our evening function) It was the coldest building with only one heater and most of our guests wore coats all evening or left early. This is despite wroxall saying "it is an all year round structure" and our wedding day being a typical winters day (no snow or high winds etc)
The 'wedding coordinator' Sarah. was exceptionally rude to most of the wedding party at some point during the day. She even came upto the bride in front of guests to discuss the problems. Such a huge embarrassment the bride actually went and cried.
We had a sit down meal in the court.. 4 weeks before our wedding we gave the venue a detailed plan for people's meal choices.
They gave out the WRONG food to at least half the guest. They also gave a child (the flower girl) a meal she was ALLERGIC too when asked to change it the simply SCRAPPED the plate. Not exactly a high standard of food they advertise. The girl couldn't eat any of the dinner.
Two guests who both had the pasta dish were ill with SICKNESS during the evening and following day, one was the maid of honour.
The bridal suite.. Was absolutely freezing throughout the whole wedding. After our complaint we were told this is because the are 'environmentally friendly'
A few months after the wedding they used our wedding photos ( put online by our photographers) for their social media sites. They were advertising their wedding services on both facebook and Pinterest and used around 15 of our photos including some of children ( this was prior to even responding to our complaint)
Serve all guests complained about how dirty their rooms were, how cold they were and how this 4 star hotel really didn't live up to it. They have never received any response from their complaints.
Upon writing a detailed complaint to them... It took 4 MONTHS for them to reply... We were told numerous lies during this period about when we would receive a response. In the letter we finally did get we were told they would SUE US if we dare take legal action. We were told we were outrageous to complain and that they didn't do anything wrong.
We have copies of all correspondence as well as voice recordings of conversations... If anyone reading this is thinking of booking their wedding day here... Please please get in touch so you can read it prior to having the most important day of your life ruined.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in 27 acres of open parkland, Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate occupies a unique setting amidst the peace and tranquility of the Warwickshire countryside. Situated just 10 miles from the NEC and Birmingham International Airport, Wroxall Abbey's close proximity to the M42, M40 and M6 make it an ideal location for conferences, meetings and events. Once the country seat of Sir Christopher Wren, Wroxall Abbey boasts a magnificent collection of listed buildings and private grounds, which make it an idyllic setting for weddings and other special occasions. Following a programme of sympathetic restorations, Wroxall Abbey offers today's discerning guest a country house estate with unrivalled leisure, business and function facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wroxall Abbey Estate Warwick
- Wroxall Abbey Estate Hotel Warwick
- Wroxall Abbey Hotel & Estate Warwick, Warwickshire