“Good, flavoursome food in a relaxing atmosphere”
Review of High Pavement - CLOSED

High Pavement
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We came back here on a Sunday after visiting for the first time around over the christmas period and being impressed with the food and atmosphere. I had the rabbit and leek pasty for starter, the pastry was really crisp and tasty and the filling was really moist and well seasoned, homemade piccalilli was spot on too. Lamb main was really tasty although the waitress asked if it was ok to have it cooked pink like the chef recommended, that isn't how it arrived, it was slightly overcooked but to be fair it still tasted great. Desserts were good, you choose 5 mini desserts from the list and they bring you a little taster of each one, good for people with a sweet tooth. Service was good and I really like the casual and laid back atmosphere in here, we will come back again.

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank Flashbax

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Found this whilst visiting the castle. It's just a few steps from the gates. Delicious fresh food, perfectly executed and very reasonably priced. Lovely.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

It was such a lovely sunny day when we visited; we sat outside on the pavement at High Pavement to enjoy a refreshing drink at the end of our morning tour of Warwick. Good service at the bar.

It is perfectly situated on the corner of the High street and Castle Street. We enjoyed the pavement setting at High Pavement (though it was almost at road-level so maybe more fittingly should be called Low Pavement) :-)

It is conveniently located right across from the Warwick Tourist Information Center which is handy for getting your postcards of Warwick and picking up brochures, then finding yourself a comfy chair at High Pavement to browse them!

It’s a nice modern bar and restaurant with lovely views of Castle Lane, Oken’s House / Thomas Oken Tearooms and the Warwick Castle beyond.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We visited here whilst on a short trip to Warwick and hadn't read any reviews.

Basically, it was the 'half price champagne' night (Thursdays) that drew us in. What can I say? They do about three or four different types... So a basic 'house' bottle was only £20... Nice bar, window seats, cold 'fizzy'...

A nice place to have a few relaxed drinks.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

My Husband & I were staying in Warwick for a few days to celebrate our anniversary and decided to go here for dinner. The restaurant was decorated very nicely & we were quiet happy to see we had the place to ourselves (it was quiet early & mid week, but did slowly fill up with diners as we ate) The food was lovely and from their menu it appears that are trying to be quite experimental with the dishes they serve. We shared Gnocci for starters and it was the most delicious gnocci i have ever had! my main I was a little disappointed with. I went for the duck and some of it was a little chewy and the portions seems a little small. It is almost like they leave a portion of the plate clear for vegetables to be dished up on, but don't tell you that you need to order a side dish of veg. that is my only complaint, my husband had pork which melted in the mouth! I even considered ordering that again after we finished our mains as it was so delicious! The desserts are a little odd, with the menu suggesting to order 4 desserts. they are mini desserts served on a slate, but I found 4 to be too many, and only after trying to eat them all did I realise they were actually priced per dessert so you could order one if you wanted instead of 4. But if I was ever in the area again, I would go back.

Date of visit: April 2014