“Unfriendly service”

Ranked #105 of 147 Restaurants in Warwick
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Our menu offers a wide and varied choice of dishes, wherever possible from local suppliers. We offer lunches such as freshly made paninis, toasties, baguettes and sandwiches all with a variety of fillings. Our friendly staff will tempt you with our homemade 1/4 pound beef burgers, as well as cafe classics such as an all day breakfast, fish and chips, oven baked jacket potatoes, soup of the day and chicken Caesar salad. Clotted cream teas are available throughout the day. Children's meals are also available, including a sandwich box that can be taken into the park for a picnic and party menus are available to pre-order. We serve Illy coffee to complement our range of hot and cold beverages, which includes a selections of beers and wines. Mouth watering scoops of Joe Delucci's Gelato ice cream are also available. In the Summer we open from 10am-5.30pm and in the Winter from 11am-3pm (4pm at weekends).
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Visited today with 2 hungry toddlers and ordered lunch, drinks and ice cream. While we waited for our food to arrive we gave our children some fruit as a snack as they were getting restless. We were rudely informed that only food purchased could be consumed and a sign stating this pointed out to us. We said that is was only fruit while we waited and that we had ordered food as well. Would be understandable if we had all been eating a packed lunch but we had spent a reasonable amount of money and felt very unwelcome. Will take a picnic next time.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I love living in Warwick and I love this park. I love coffee too but every time I go to this cafe We 're rice consistently awful service. Today they closed the kitchen early and then were very rude when I very politely asked why. I'm baffled and saddened as to why they are always so rude. This could be an incredible cafe. Such a shame.

1  Thank contrarylass
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately had to go into the tea room despite a previous bad experience as they had closed the ice cream booth next door and we had promised the kids. Waited in the queue by the counter and proceeded to watch everybody be served but us. Then moved to the actual ice cream counter as they started serving people there and waited. Got to our turn and yet again started serving other people at which point I pointed out that everyone that had been served actually arrived after us (bad manners on the other customers part too, not mentioning this), to which the server replied “well you’re in the wrong queue”. I pointed out that there was no clear plan for who they were serving and no signs to tell us what to do. She then proceeded to begrudgingly serve us, slapping the kids ice cream in a cone and giving them pretty crappy ice creams, which is such a shame as it was a treat for them. I can’t say the customer service was a massive surprise but how do they repeatedly get it so wrong? They definitely have a “customer is always wrong” ethos in this place. Someone said it’s run by the same people who have Swirls in Leamington but the two places are like chalk and cheese. Only gave one star as you can’t not give any- this place is a minus!

Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

It was a busy hot day, there were 3 families in our group (8 altogether) and we purchased ice creams & soft drinks. The woman who served us (dark hair, lady in mid 50’s, possibly owner) took my money & went onto get a coned ice cream for my order. There was hand sanitiser next to her which she didn’t use when she handled the cone. No gloves were used & she didn’t even put a wafer on the top despite my friends getting one on there’s, as they were served by someone else. Upon leaving, I asked the lady who served me if she could fill 2 bottles with water but she said she couldn’t do that?! Had I known this previously, I would’ve asked for a jug of water with our other purchases! Evidently only concerned about charging ridiculous high prices due to the location they’re in & unwilling to provide tap water! Will not use this cafe again!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The 2 male staff were very friendly and helpful.
When i asked if i could get my chocolate flake (which i had paid for) in my hot chocolate "oh just give it to her!" Was the female member of staff's reply.
£2.50 for a slice of dried out lemon drizzle cake and my mug had 3 chips on it.
Not a great experience.
Next time i visit st nicks I'll take a flask and my own cake